PDA

View Full Version : A cold, cough, & body aches

so jems like
19-10-09, 19:05
So I started to feel sick about a week ago. I had a nasty phlegm cough, achy body, stuffy nose. I thought I was getting better when I suddenly started getting the achy sensitive body feeling back. I feel like I just got worse within a short period of time. Now, my back hurts (neck area/shoulders too) whenever I cough. I kind of understand, since the pressure of me coughing probably has an effect on the muscles. My chest doesn't hurt as much. But sometimes I can't breathe in as deep without wanting to cough. There's just slight discomfort around the chest area I guess. But I'm convinced I have pneumonia or something .. Temperature/Fever - wise I don't think it's too bad. I've been taking ibuprofen and it's been doing its job. I've been sweating it off and cooling down. I did get the chills before too. But that's better now. Has anyone ever experienced pneumonia?? How did you guys feel?? I haven't gone to the doctors yet because I'm actually out of the country studying, and it's complicated here to get an appointment. I heard that they don't have that much cold medicines or anything like the U.S & that they would just recommend rest. I hear it's really pricey too. I'm just freaking out. Because I feel like if I don't find out soon if I have pneumonia or not, I'll just die from it or something. Can someone reassure me that I'll be okay?

countrygirl
19-10-09, 19:26
I know so many people who are sick right now with a really bad cough and cold - loads of people with chest infections so its going to be a long nasty winter I think. Unless you turn into a hermit there is no chance of avoiding these nasty viruses.
If you are like me every cough or tight feeling in chest is incipient pneumonia :blush:
Try and go by what my Dr told me - if you are couging up anything coloured or are very breathless at rest or you have a temp then go and see them as you may have a chest infection.
I had a terrible cough and cold last xmas that took 3 weeks to go away - I felt as if I was breathing though glue and had no voice and went to the Dr three times in three weeks convinced I had chest infection but every time my lungs were fine it was all in my windpipe and throat and my upper chest below neck ached horribly when i breathed. I amazed myself when I got better on my own:)

trev1234
19-10-09, 19:59
had bad chest and cough now for four weeks..its slowly going...theres tons about at the moment..it has really made me worry tho...still deaf in one ear...argggg!! chin up !!..

Viggen
22-10-09, 14:35
Going through the same thing! The day after my birthday (Oct 3) I started coming down with a cold (probably did a number on my immune system from all the drinking the night before, haha). After a week it had not gotten any better, and I started to cough up blood, talk about a scary moment! I got put antibiotics, and had multiple blood tests, and chest catscans done. At the end of the day it came back that I have bronchitis, and I just had to fight it off. My chest is a lot better but it has traveled to my head and my ears are completely clogged. It has been nearly three weeks and tomorrow I am supposed to go to Las Vegas for vacation. In my head I've convinced myself that I need to be better before my trip, so my stress level is in overdrive as I feel like I have not got any better. Lastnight I had a little bit of a fever for the first time, which has me a bit uneasy. On top of this, I am really worried about the pressure in my ears during the flight.

As far as pneumonia, I have had it. Think of the worst chest cold you've had then double it. Ton's of weezing even at rest. It sounds like what you have currently is just a bad cough. Make sure your drinking tons of fluids, enough to the point that you think your stomach will burst. If it gets substantially worse, or does not improve, I would head to the doctors because you may have a bacterial infection and need some antibiotics to fight it off. I am not saying this to alarm you, because your body will fight it off without them, it will just take a longer time! G'luck!