PDA

View Full Version : Just been prescribed Cipralex and worried...need support :)

DavidJ85
19-10-09, 21:14
After seeing my GP today he has decided to put me on Cipralex?

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100004710.html

That's a link to the medicine I've been described to take 10mg once a day and tbh with all of the side effects and issues that come with it I'm a little apprehensive so would like to hear if anyone else has used it before.

Other than that he said he was sure it's anxiety and told me all about what Cipralex does but I'm still a little worried as it says it can worsen your symptoms the first few weeks which I can't be doing with...

What experiences have people had?

DavidJ85
20-10-09, 09:07
Anyone? I assume not many people are on this drug?

mandyclare
20-10-09, 10:40
Hey David

Havent used this medicine but myself have new medication from yesterday and i too am concerned.. First lot made me a bit vague and very sleepy which isnt great with a 2 year old to care for... i was prescribed 80g a day of mine (cant remember name off top of my head, see previous post of mine for name) .. because of the reaction to it ive decided (checked with gp) to try just 40g a day and see if that's enough to make my symptoms (mainly palpatations) manageable.

Good luck with it.. hope it works for you

Mand

tobyw
20-10-09, 11:17
Hi David,

I have also been prescribed Cipralex 10mg by my GP in South Africa. He is the same doctor I have seen for 23 years so he has a good idea of my medical history and what I am prone to suffer from. Anxiety is something I had about 4 years ago and in the past 6 months had a very taxing time with it due to a change in my living circumstances as I moved countries. My understanding is that he prescribed it for depression rather than anxiety which I am sure you know often go hand in hand.
I have begun taking it and to date have had no side effects but will let you know how I go.

All the best !

DavidJ85
20-10-09, 12:22
Please keep me informed Toby as you sound exactly like me and my situation

magpie girl
20-10-09, 12:26
hi david ive been on cipralex a while now,and i feel in more control of the anxiety.you may suffer side effect for the first 4 weeks but it will ass and you will feel the benifits :D:D

DavidJ85
21-10-09, 09:13
What were your side affects like? I'm also on propranolol and not sure what mixing them will do.

Charles23
21-10-09, 11:55
For me Cipralex/Lexapro works really well. 3 weeks now and starting to feel like my old self again. Yes you may take 1 step back b4 you take 2 steps forward, but stay close to your GP and let them know how you feel. Look through this forum and you will see many success stories. Look for other ways to compliment your treatment there are some great tips here. Good luck.

shotokansho
22-10-09, 00:02
I have been on cipralex for 7 weeks now and i do believe that its one of the best. I have experienced NO side effects at all. I am eating better, sleeping better and in much better control of my anxiety.
Please try not to worry. Keep off the caffeine and alcohol for a while and try to eat plenty of fruit and veg and have lots of water.
I doubt there would be an interaction with propranolol but you could check with your pharmacist or gp to keep your mind at ease.
Just bear with it, in a few weeks you will be fine.

Kez xx

DavidJ85
22-10-09, 09:23
My diet is quite simply awful if the truth be told and I really dislike fruit. Do you think it is a contributing factor to my anxiety?

I still have yet to start these cipralex as I'm worried about them effecting me more!

shotokansho
22-10-09, 11:36
Yes David i do firmly believe that diet and lifestyle plays a big factor. Not wholly but it does help. Since i have been eating better i am feeling better.
Please try to take your medication because you are delaying your recovery. If you really cant take them go back to your gp to explain your fears.

Kez xx

rollinbob
02-11-09, 19:58
After seeing my GP today he has decided to put me on Cipralex?

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100004710.html

That's a link to the medicine I've been described to take 10mg once a day and tbh with all of the side effects and issues that come with it I'm a little apprehensive so would like to hear if anyone else has used it before.

Other than that he said he was sure it's anxiety and told me all about what Cipralex does but I'm still a little worried as it says it can worsen your symptoms the first few weeks which I can't be doing with...

What experiences have people had?
I've been on various meds over the years and cipralex seems to be the best. On the other hand if you're not at the point where you'll take anything just to feel "normal" do you need it. Have other approaches been tried/suggested elther alongside meds or instead of? Love peace and good luck. Let us know how you get on

youngatheart
14-11-09, 11:11
Hi there, this is my first feed on here, I was prescribed cipralex for depression, about 2 years ago, after trying lofepramine, it was the best tablet going for me, the only side effect i had was weight gain, i was quite slim to start with and ended up putting on 2 stones, i have read a few chat lines where a lot of people also noted this side effect whilst taking these tablets. Now as for the plus side, they worked absolutely brilliant, i got back to my "normal" self, only wish i was still on them now, as my doctor has changed my tablets to citalopram, try taking your cipralex and find out how you go, they are honestly really good and should kick in straight away, Good Luck