PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new.

iloveshannon
19-10-09, 21:29
I'm new here. I don't expect you to care, but still, hello.

I suffer from moderate health anxiety.

I'm 17 years old, and I live in London, UK.

A 17 year old with health anxiety? yeah, that's right. I have a horrible family history for cancer, and since the day my nan died in front of me, my health anxiety has been really bad. I get a headache and think there's something wrong with me. I look pale and think there's something wrong.

It's just too much now really. Right now, as I type, I have a horrible cold, and I'm looking up various things a cold can lead to, I.E, pneumonia. I then convinced myself I have that, simply because my breathing felt weird, my chest kinda hurt and I've been coughing..but I know deep down the real reason my breathing feels weird and stuff is because..well, I have a cold and I'm smoking (cigs). Stupid, I know.

Anyway, hi.

nomorepanic
19-10-09, 21:30
Hi iloveshannon

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

PanicOver!!
19-10-09, 22:02
Hi

You are not alone
health anxiety is horrible been there myself, no wonder you feel this way with your family history
the trick is to try and stay in the "now" not worry what "might" happen (easier said then done) but do try

Best wishes and welcome

shuze
20-10-09, 12:01
Hi, just wanted to say that I care - and I know that may seem odd, give that we're just two people on an anonymous forum, but it's true. I've learned over the years that there are loads of like-minded people out there who also care and understand. I think maybe it's the nature of the condition that brings out the empathy?

mandyclare
20-10-09, 12:38
We all care because we understand how upsetting this condition is. It's completely understandable that losing someone close to you can make you anxious but you will be ok... Talk it all through here and I am sure it will help.

Nice to meet you
Mand x

Ange!
20-10-09, 17:10
I'm feeling your pain - live on WebMD.com and probably know more about illnesses than doctors!!! :)

You've been through a traumatic experience so don't be too hard on yourself - take one day at a time x

lta
22-10-09, 15:00
Hi

You are not alone
health anxiety is horrible been there myself, no wonder you feel this way with your family history
the trick is to try and stay in the "now" not worry what "might" happen (easier said then done) but do try

Best wishes and welcome

im new too had these fears for 7 years - you say you`ve been there- how have you overcome it? lta