PDA

View Full Version : breathing?????

iamsam188
20-10-09, 03:35
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

i have a feeling as though sometimes i cannot get a deep breath therefore leading me to try all the time.

It's wierd. i dont think im breathing properly at all so i have to concentrate on it and work at my breathing. And this doesnt come and go, it is ALL the time, whatever i am doing.

Its so frustrating.
is this just anxiety?
:unsure:

Dafyddjohndavies
20-10-09, 16:37
Yes this is anxiety. It's more a part of anxiety that makes you feel horrible.

Try to stop taking a deep breath all the time, your trying to get a fulfilling breath and when you can it feels like your suffocating a little which makes you want to breathe more.

What you need to do is STOP taking seep breaths in all the time. Your breathing through your chest which will eventually start giving you some weird pains, and make you feel really strange.

Try to focus on breathing in using only your nose and not your mouth. Breathe in slowly for 2 sec, hold 2 sec. out 2sec, hold 2 sec. Do not take deep breaths in.

If you want a fulfilling breath in then try holding your breath for 10 seconds and breathe in very slowly through your nose. You should notice that this prolonged gap between breaths will give you a feelig of a fuller breath.

However don't do this all the time, when you breathe normally you do not breathe in this deeply, you breath is more continuous, in gently and out gently. Try your best to ignore the lure of taking massive breaths.

Research Hyperventilation Syndrome/Overbreathing

Regards,

Dafydd

leighann.p.
24-10-09, 00:39
hiya, i also have trouble with my breathing, i find it gets worse when i focus on it and seems to be when i breath through my nose, this causes me to panic and try yawning and taking deep breaths which just leaves me light headed,
i just try my hardest not to focus on it, even tho its hard not too, try doing somthing else that u enjoy to concentrate on, and hopefully it will sort your breathing out, do u find that u get out of breath easily? coz this is a problem i also get, i cant even blow on my nails to dry them coz leaves me faint,
leigh-ann x x x

iamsam188
26-10-09, 03:24
hi leigh-ann,

thanks for ur post!!

i do get out of breath alot and feel faint after doing simple tasks , its so annoying and since reading ur post i havent been focusing on my breathing so much!!!
i have a doctors appointment in a few days so hopefuly will no more soon

Sam