PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety attack?

4sure
03-11-05, 19:52
Hi
I had anxiety last year but i managed to overcome a lot of symptoms and i have only had the odd moment where i feel panicky. Well last week i had a big panic attack i was shaking, felt like i need the loo, heartbeat was about 110/min my chest was tightening i felt like i wanted to just go home (i was on my way to work on the bus) i was frantic i wanted to just cry but obviously couldnt with being out and about. The last time i had an attack like this was last christmas!! i have had a small panic attack twice since. Is it true it can go away then come back suddenly when you dont expect it? or was it always there to start with?

Trev
03-11-05, 19:56
I did read in a Claire Weekes book that the worst one can come just before complete recovery.

The key thing is not to give it the time of day apparently and just see it through. Don't start worrying about it and thinking about it all over again.

Hope that's of some help.

Cheers,
Trev

trac67
03-11-05, 20:57
Hi,
Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time at the minute, think of it just as a blip on the road to a full recovery.

I think we just learn to control our anxiety and sometimes we just slip.

Dont let it get you down, stay focused and positive and you will get back on the road to recovery again soon.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

doddy
03-11-05, 21:39
4sure,

just a blip my friend, i still occasionally get them but they last minutes now instead of days and the worry goes now as quickly as it came so they dont matter anymore and when they dont matter anymore then who cares?? lol

when i sue to get them id worry constantly for days about them and go over and over them in my head, now they just dont seem to stcik anymore, in fact if i actually tried to go over them in my head now i dont think i cold actually do it if that makes any sense..lol

just a blip, and alot of people will be having them today im sure but ull be fine.

andy

nomorepanic
03-11-05, 21:44
Mine came back after about 6 months of being panic free - that was over 2 years ago now and I am doing well now.

Something can trigger it off. With me it is getting ill and then I start to feel panicky cos I feel dizzy etc and remember how bad it was.

In time you learn to accept that it may happen again but you are more prepared this time.

Nicola