PDA

View Full Version : Prochlorperazine

Shiloh
20-10-09, 10:01
Has anyone had experience of taking Prochlorperazine medication? My doctor has prescribed it for my dizzy spells which he says is probably an ear infection. I am more inclined to think my dizzyness is due to my sinuses which seem to be permanently blocked. I have the spells if I move my head too quickly or in fact my eyes, very annoying. Another doctor who I see more regularly and knows me quite well said it's probably the old anx playing up yet again:shrug:

I read the leaflet that comes with the tablets and didn't like the sound of the side effects! :scared15:

amandaj
20-10-09, 12:16
ive not heard f those tablets only chlopromazine i used to have it prob i due to anxiety try not to worry to much

Shiloh
20-10-09, 12:56
Thanks for the reply Amandaj. I suspect most of these drugs are similar but I guess I'm worried in case they make me worse!

lostsoul
20-10-09, 15:16
Shiloh

This should get you started, I know its bad to google :winks:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prochlorperazine

I have tried these when I first started suffering from anxiety and I was very dizzy. It didnt help at all, just made me sleep. If you dont have an inner ear infection and its just the old anxiety playing up I wouldnt touch these with a barge pole, but everyone reacts differently to tablets.

They may work wonders for you.

Hope this is of some help

Dan1
20-10-09, 17:22
I've taken prochlorperazine before for nausea. I know I wasn't taking them for dizziness, but they worked really well and I had no side effects at all. I'd have no hesitation in taking them if I was prescribed them again.

Try not to let the patient information leaflet worry you - it is very unlikely you will have any bad reactions.

Good luck:yesyes:

spaced
20-10-09, 18:38
I've taken them for dizzyness they were brill and would take them again if i need to.

reallyfedup
20-10-09, 19:23
they are also known as Stemetil and I had them for labyrinthitis. they are anti sickness and anti dizzy. they are great. can make you tired

Shiloh
21-10-09, 09:50
Hey Guys

Many thanks for input:)

I'm more relaxed about them now but I'll see how I get on without for a while.