PDA

View Full Version : Seem to be going backwards

RJP
20-10-09, 15:58
Hi everyone, its been a while since I have last posted as I thought well it seemed that I was finally able to cope with the constant nagging thoughts in my head that I am about to die from cancer every minute of everyday. But for the past week is excatly the same feeling as when I was firsted told I had Health Anxiety.

I keep getting shooting pains in my head normally my left side and today for about 2 seconds I was over come with dizzness like a wave going over me, needless to say I am now sitting here totally and utterly in pieces worrying that I have a brain tumour. I dont know what else these pains can mean. I have been getting the pains on and off for a while but I have managed to keep my worries at bay but today its hit me like a brick wall and I really dont know what to do. Cant think about anything else my life once again seems to be dominated by the constant thoughts of death and illness.

Thought I was getting better but now I am not so sure.

Please does anyone have any advice on what this all means ? I would really appreciate others thoughts.

LisaLisa
20-10-09, 16:15
Hi

hope your okay. This happens to me a lot. Suddenly something that has been there for ages suddenly grips me with fear. I supposed then you too have realised that it is your mood that has changed and not the reality of the situation. It sounds like your a little stressed and therefor your mind set is in 'looking for a problem and a disaster somewhere' mode.

I think maybe if you find a way of improving your mood and lowering your stress levels, the preoccupation with your health will become smaller and normal life will get bigger again and more important again

Lisa
xxxx

RJP
21-10-09, 19:48
Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply. You are right I have never looked at it that way before but my anxiety does increase when I am feeling overwhelmed by other things. Seem to have calmed down a bit today, just tired of constantly fighting it, as I know we all are.

LisaLisa
22-10-09, 10:36
I totally know what you mean, its so tiring living this way. Another way to look at it though is that I find that in other areas of life, when I start to get tired of doing something, it means that its time to either stop doing it, or view it in a different way. So maybe there is a part of you that has grown out of this HA and its only a habit that is left?

It like if I have nothing to look foward to sometimes going to work seems ilke such a bore.....but then If i feel good about something like, having extra money or going on holiday in a little while....going to work isnt quite as bad!

When ive got stuff to look forward to, HA becomes just a minor inconveniance and has less priority.

Hope your okay

Lisa
xxxx