PDA

View Full Version : Not enough help

anx mum
20-10-09, 22:43
Thank god for this site since 17 on and off my HA has been awful a living hell had all kinds of symptoms u wouldnt believe. I know that so many people suffer with HA but to see someone say for CBT the waiting lists r at least 3 months. I really dont know how people on there own cope if it wasent for my 2 boys and my partner really dont think i would b here now. Ive suffered the symptoms i know there real when i see my doc feel she judges me before even listening 2 me.

chickpea
20-10-09, 23:11
The waiting list in my area for CBT is 1-2 YEARS!!!!!!!
I took it up with my GP, suggesting that keeping people on anti depressants etc for long periods of time must be as costly to the NHS as counselling. She sort of shrugged her shoulders and gave me a look, as if to say, "well, what can we do?"

It's time mental health was made more of a priority.:mad:

Alisonj
20-10-09, 23:49
My doctor is the same. I have had real problems go ignored because he dismisses everything I say. If it wasnt for my husband I would be lost. I have just come back to this site after being gone for months and I hope I am able to find the support that it once offered.
Huge hugs to you and I hope you are able to get into CBT as soon as possible

Sambapati85
21-10-09, 00:59
dont you guys know that they dont want you to Take CBT .. they want you to be on meds for life... BIG PHARM loves, life prescriptions of drugs.

GingGangGoolie
21-10-09, 01:10
I hope your CBT sessions start soon, it's stupid how long some people have to wait depending on where they live. I've had 4 lots of CBT sessions over the past 10 years and have never had to wait more than 6 weeks from my GP's referral. Are there any local support groups you can join?

*Laura(GGG)*

anx mum
21-10-09, 13:05
Thanks for all your replies x