PDA

View Full Version : Hello all new girl in town!!!

anxiousannie
20-10-09, 23:45
Hello
This is my first visit to the site and it's just so freaky that the Health Anxiety section seems to be my autobiography!!!
I have been suffering from Health related anxiety for about 18mths, my 2nd son was born six months previous to this and i had an horrendous labour (but that is another story for another time!!!) to add to this the day before I went into labour my father in law went to the supermarket and had a massive heart attack and died before the emergency services even got to him!! Emotional rollarcoaster or what!! I think I then went into coping over drive after this, trying to look after 2 young children, support my husband in losing his dad and get over my own problems through the difficult birth. Six months later I started feeling like I couldn't breathe, had pains in my chest and was convinced i also was having a heart attack.....and so it goes on.
I have got better in the last few months, I ve spoken to my GP lot's, still coping and fighting my way through it without any medication, had a bit of hypnotherpy to help me relax more and have lost some weight so have started feeling better about myself, but my worst time is when my husband is working on nights, the fear that something will happen to me and that my children will be on their own over whelms me.
So am I completely losing the plot or can anyone else out their relate to my story.
Would be nice to know I'm not alone.....

diane07
20-10-09, 23:46
Hi anxiousannie

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

saz2121
21-10-09, 00:16
Hi Annie, yeah we're the new ones tonight! I've been scanning this website for a few weeks, signed up yesterday after throwing a 'wobbler'.

It's typical of life to throw every crappy thing your way all at the same time. Sounds like your a fighter girl. You should be very proud of what you have come through.

I personally completely relate to what you've said and it's good you haven't been on meds. Have you had CBT?

You're not losing the plot at all! Eventhough it does feel like it on occasions, it's never so!

Onwards and upwards alright!
x

Ange!
21-10-09, 17:09
Hi annie,

Hope you're ok.

Lots of interesting stuff on here, and I know what you mean about having to cope with everything.

I have two kids too, and my husband went through spinal surgery twice about three years ago. I'm not over it..and especially one awful day when it first happened and my son had his first febrile convulsion.
I can't even think about that day without being able to breathe, crying and breaking down every memory is so vivid - I drove back home to get my husband's stuff as he was being transferred to a neurological hospital and the street was awash with ambulance, paramedic, doctor's car - with my son outside in a paramedic's arms - he looked like he had died.
I can remember everything about that day - even what the air ambulance that transferred my husband to the other hospital smelled like, and now 3 years on it's really hit me bad.

Phew..sorry - don't know where that came from. I'm crying as I bloody type it!

Hope you're ok - a traumatic birth is a horrible thing to go through, and then the responsibility of being the rock for everyone else takes it toll.

*Big hugs*
x

Fran74
21-10-09, 17:58
Hello Annie
welcome on NMP ..:hugs::hugs:

You are never alone here so don't despair ... and you are not loosing ..it will be good to talk to peope that go through the same ..is making me so much better ..
You are strong..you can beat this
Take care
Fran

Veronica H
21-10-09, 22:51
:welcome:Anne. Glad that you have found us.

Veronica

jude uk
22-10-09, 08:39
welcome and glad you joined as its a great site but its full of loony people lol joking everyone is fab lol