PDA

View Full Version : Editing my profile and joining the chat room

S.J.
21-10-09, 14:15
Hi. I have tried asking this questions in another thread but I'm not getting any replies so...
1) I joined 5 days ago today and I have always had problems editing my profile etc. I keep getting a message saying I'm trying to access an area that is resricted (or words to that effect). I have tried logging out and signing back in but it didn't work. Unless I've written something thats 'out of order' (which I'm quite sure I haven't) I don't understand why I can't access/edit my profile.
2) As I've now been a member for 5 days I tried to log into the chat room. Keep getting the message stating you have you have been a member for 5 days and have posted on the forum. Both of these apply to me but can't get in.
Please help...:weep: S.J. aka Sue

nomorepanic
21-10-09, 14:41
Hi there.

I have just seen your other replies but only just logged on for the first time today.

I am not sure how Ruby fixed hers I will have to ask her.

The chat access goes on a strict 24 hour clock so you would get access at 9:51pm tonight but I have enabled chat access for you now.

I will let you know about the profile thing as it is very odd.

S.J.
21-10-09, 15:59
Big time thanks to you guys for sorting this out for me. After sending this message I only waited 10mins and I had access to my profile and the chatroom.
Big thanks for being so 'on the ball' and for this web site to be existing at all.:yesyes:
Very gratefull to you all
S.J. aka Sue

nomorepanic
21-10-09, 16:27
Ok so your profile works ok now?

Hmm I wonder if it is something to do with chat room access then lol

nomorepanic
21-10-09, 16:30
Yup it was a setting that wasn't turned on for your user group until you were a chat member too.

All sorted now anyway.

S.J.
21-10-09, 23:16
Everything is working 100% fine now yes. It does seem that once I was allowed access to the chat room I could also edit my profile. Strange. Still I'm sorted now so Thanks again.

S.J.