PDA

View Full Version : Hugs needed

DavidJ85
21-10-09, 14:16
Im sitting here at work and feeling awful!

Loads of anxiety symptoms including tingling and stinging all over, dizziness, chest problems, feeling hot, cold and rough. Dont want to tell anyone as this is a new job and I really dont want to lose it.

My anxiety has cost me lots of jobs...grr

I love this job!

HELP

gypsywomen
21-10-09, 14:21
david think positive thoughts nearly weekend you are doing well working give yourself pat on the back, many of us wish we could work just keep telling youself it my anxiety i can work throu this i can ,,nip to loo splash water on face then look in mirror and say i am doing good i can do this xxxx

DavidJ85
21-10-09, 14:26
My arms and limbs are aching now and I'm finding it harder. Feel like my right hand's going numb and getting heavier :(

I'm gonna try the loo thing now, thank you xx

gypsywomen
21-10-09, 14:34
your arem is ok remember its your mind telling you if you feel its numb pince it if it hurts its not numb

DavidJ85
21-10-09, 14:35
Just been to the loo, splashed water on face, felt ok then I've sat back at my desk and it starts up again. How can I beat this poxy thing arggggh!

sarah jayne
21-10-09, 14:36
I know how you feel sometimes when im at work i feel like ive got to rush home. Its awful isnt it. Gypsywomans right, its nearly weekend and you are doing really well. I dont know what sort of job you do but when i feel like that i find that the best thing that helps me is by finding something to do to distract myself. Is it possible to go for a little walk ? Your not on your own...x

DavidJ85
21-10-09, 14:38
Im a graphic designer and as much as it involves concentration it totally stops my creativity and I'm focused on the symptoms no matter what happens. Then more happen...:( x

gypsywomen
21-10-09, 14:56
eat something take some sweets with you really bitter ones that will help, i know it sounds silly but you will concentrate on the bitter taste ,your doing well i go to art college love it .:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:but when in class i get strange feelings ,,if i do i focus on a person in the room or anything to take my mind off my thought your doing good keep it up

DavidJ85
21-10-09, 15:00
Im trying, god I'm trying but it's still bloody winning! :(

PoppyC
21-10-09, 15:03
Hello David
Sending you a big hug. I suffer with anxiety and tried everything self help and the only thing that really helped me was medication and a healthy diet. MIND do a very good anti anxiety food sheet.
However medication could stifle your creativity? some people says it does and others it can help it.
For short term immediate relief, I think distraction helps, plus maybe go off for a walk if you can, get some fresh air. Go and have a drink - but not caffeine as that stimulates anxiety. Think ahead about things you are looking forward to. Treat yourself tonight after work to something. Just keep telling anxiety to do its worst and get angry and fight it like an enemy. I found that used to help me somewhat. Keep practising reassuring sentences that you are fine, you feel anxious now but it will pass, lots of people experience anxiety and you are not alone with it, and at this moment in time there are thousands of people feeling anxious, practice relaxing breathing techniques.
I think you are doing really well in being in a job whilst you feel as you do. Its not easy I know but hang on in there and fight it. Dont give in to it.
Big hugs:hugs:

gypsywomen
21-10-09, 15:03
then dont let it win ,,,dont let it win ,,dont fight it try to relax and say its in my mind i am fine i am fine you can you know you can

gypsywomen
21-10-09, 16:07
how you feeling betteri hope:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:: bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighu g1::bighug1::bighug1:

xxpearlxx
24-10-09, 17:46
I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling blue, but it's a good job you have us, heres a great big hug from me

:hugs: :bighug1: :grouphug:

Southern_Belle
25-10-09, 01:49
Glad you got through the day and hope all the tips you got helped.

Laura