PDA

View Full Version : propranolol

mumof4
21-10-09, 15:56
hi guys

im looking for some advice my doc has given me these tablets to try and help with my anxiety i have to take 40 in the morning and 40 at night.

im really scared to take them i have a right phobia of taking tablets and the side effects i have emetpobia to which i think makes it with the tablets i dont even take pain killers.

i have had theses tablets for a month sitting there and everyone thinks i should take them i think i need to i have tried for 8 years to do this alone but i cant.

but im scared incase they make me feel dizzy or sick worst nightmare.

i also heard it lowers ur blood pressure but i already have low blood pressure not really low but its low.

im really in 2 minds what to do i want to have a life but i dont want tablets to mask it up but there agian if they help i might get my life back.

i did take clitpram once years ago and it made me feel really sick and gave me the worst panic attack ever stopped them that day and i only took one.

i really need some advice guys

tks

Dolan1989
21-10-09, 16:52
I'm on propanolol and I really don't have a problem with them. they are not dangerous either as it doesn't work directly on your heart. The only thing I get is dizziness if I have taken more than usual the day before (I generally take 1 a day but more if its a particularly stressfull day).

Just remember that your doctor has given them to you for a reason. And I do find that they rally help to tak the edge of anxiety attacks.

Good luck,

Nat x

mumof4
21-10-09, 18:13
tks for ur reply i wonder if i should start by taking 1 a day then see how that goes its 40gr a morning and night wonder if i should take 1 at night and c how it goes.

Deepest Blue
21-10-09, 18:32
Hey ya mumof3,

:hugs:

I used to take them a few years ago for having panic attacks on a regular basis, I think I took them for a year and I had no side affects at all. That was only 10mg a day.

I was off them for a while but then my anx returned with a vengence and now I have been given 30mg a day, I started on them yesterday morning and so far no side affects at all either. I have taken other meds before such as citalopram and effexor and i struggled really badly with the side effects, propranalol has been the only thing that's suited me but not sure how long it was before my anx got better last time I took them as it was so long ago.

Hope this helps, if there is anything further you would like to ask then let me know.
Good luck and take care.