PDA

View Full Version : joint and muscle pain

pb
21-10-09, 19:17
I ache all over at the moment. I have had flare upsof joint pain in the past and have had numerous tests , but all have come back clear.
I now think i might have fibromyalgia (spelt wrong) and that this has been missed.
My last flare up was 5 years ok.
Also feel really tired and very stiff in the morning - i know this is not anxiety.
Wondering how i can carry on , feel so desperate about my health and life in general.

Girl_Interrupted
21-10-09, 20:57
Hi there, i have been to the doctors regarding this condition Fibromyalgia, it effects the pressures points on your body, we have 18 points, from our neck down to our knees. You have to have at least 11 of these points causing pain. Its not an easy condition to diagnose either. You might also get bladder/bowel problems, which i have both : ( The pain at times is unbearable, and makes me v. tired. However doctor is still reluctant to make a diagnoses!

Hope you get it sorted : ) and feel better soon

Hugs

pb
21-10-09, 21:47
Thank you for your reply, im just so stressed and am now really worried that i have caused the fibromyalgia by stressing so much.I just can't cope.
With the previous episodes of joint and muscle pain it has gone eventually, but i keep thinking it won't this time and this is the first time ive had back pain with it.
Im so scared and stressed...

Sammy J
21-10-09, 22:36
My doctor also thought I had this as I had terrible pain in my shoulders, upper arms, elbows and wrists. He did blood tests and referred me for physio etc and this was at the same time as I was getting over full blown panic attacks and having CBT.
I came home from work one day after being in horrible pain and just burst into tears, had a good long cry and wail about it all..then..the pain went.
That was months ago now and I find, if I'm having my usual problems (stomach spasms, pain) if I have a good old cry and release, the pain can fade away. Am not saying I'm cured by any means but I'm now able to understand most of my pain is because I'm knotted up inside, even when I think I'm not!

pb
22-10-09, 20:58
In so much pain with my joints tonight, they all seem to be hurting.
Have made appointment for GP, but not until next friday.
I know i shouldn't diagnose myself with fibromyalgia when i dont know.
My joint pain flares up every few years, the first time i was 30 , im now 46.
At first doctors thought it was mild RA, i had lots of tests for lupus about 5 years ago and they said i had a mild problem with my immune system.
I just don't know whats wrong and scared it wont get better..