PDA

View Full Version : Could it be brain tumour?

MOJO
21-10-09, 19:42
I'm very frightened. :weep::weep::weep: Have been having increasing depersonalization over the last few weeks. I don't feel like I'm "me" at all and everything I do is just like going through the motions...but also I have pains in my head, pressure and some horrible headaches (pains not all the time). I don't want to google but will if I don't get help soon. Anyone know if this could all mean I have a brain tumour? That's what I'm thinking. This horrible detatched feeling is with me nearly all day now. Don't think I can cope...can anyone tell me how to deal with it?
sorry to ramble. Thank you for reading this.
Judy.x

nomorepanic
21-10-09, 19:48
I don't think it is a brain tumour no.

DP/DR is very common with anxiety and I had mine for a long long time before it finally went.

The headaches could be tension headaches.

MOJO
21-10-09, 19:54
Thank you Nicola for replying so quickly. Does anyone have any tips for helping with the DP/DR?
I am seeing my doc tomorrow so will mention the headaches etc. Hope she takes me seriously. I feel that she puts everything down to my anxiety and will maybe miss something "real".
Judy.x

RosieXXX
21-10-09, 21:39
Hello Mojo,

I can understand your fear, but all you describe sounds like classic anxiety symptoms. I hope all goes well for you at the doctors tomorrow, I am sure she will take you seriously - we always feel they don't because of our anxiety - but they can't afford not to.

Alisonj
22-10-09, 03:21
As scary as you are feeling, the chances of it being a tumour are likely very low. Once we have these ideas stuck in our head it is so hard to change our thinking. Be firm with your doctor and explain everything you are feeling, dont let her just dismiss you. Ask for explanations, causes, etc. Dont leave there feeling like you have not accomplished anything for how you are feeling. Good luck and feel better soon ((((((HUGS))))))))

MOJO
22-10-09, 09:05
Thank you all so much for your replies. I will try and be assertive when I see the doc.:blush: I can't tell you how good it feels when people reply, I feel like someone really cares and understands how I'm feeling. Family are all fed up with me and my illness and don't know what else to do to help me. I know they are worried, so I try not to talk about it and feel this is the only place I can do it without being judged or upsetting anyone.
Thanks again. Judy.xx:hugs: