PDA

View Full Version : Adrenaline - another coping mechanism for pas?

maddie
22-10-09, 00:13
I know when I am actually anxious and panicking that my adrenaline levels are high. However, today I had an adrenaline boost that surprised me with its effects.

It came about through excitement because my Dad gave me a car. I was really delighted. I could feel my heart beating fast and a swooning feeling, but thought it was temporary from the surprise.

Nine hours later I'm still having palpitations, I have a splitting headache and feel like I could go into a full pa any minute. I know I won't - it's just that my body couldn't physically cope with the adrenalin rush.

I think that this experience will give me another coping mechanism for my pa's. They thrive on fear. I already know that they come if I am ill, but I can calm them and ride through them by accepting that they're only happening because I'm unwell. Now I think that I will be able to consider the situation I am in as a pa starts and see if it is a pa or if my adrenalin has risen for another reason.

Has anyone else noticed this link?

Anxious_gal
22-10-09, 02:49
theres a fine line between anxiety and excitement!

Danath
22-10-09, 03:12
I think it is good to be objective about panic attacks as best as one can, try to look at them scientifically and see them for what they truly are - harmless. Glad you are finding more coping mechanisms within yourself though. :)

Dan