PDA

View Full Version : It keeps coming back - HELP

u0000998
04-11-05, 16:10
Hi

I have had anxiety since I was 18 years old (am 35 now) and have had times with no symptoms at all - feeling really well and enjoying life. However, over the last 4 years it seems to come back again and again and again. I am on medication and have seen a psychologist over the years. I know that it mostly comes back in times of stress - babies etc.

I have been feeling so low for 2 weeks now - have GAD and depression. Was working really hard at work and a firend of mine committed suicide this year - just feel that I have crashed againsat a brick wall. I am very depressed about feeling the way I do and am constantly worrying over how I feel - every second of every day - it is like obsessive worry but not OCD. I hate this thing and am finding it truley hard to accept that I have this. I feel that I am the only one suffering or that no-one else has got this as bad.

I am really sorry that this is depressing - I just desperately need some support.

tammyg
04-11-05, 18:42
Hi

It is not surprising you feel this way at the moment, you know yourself it comes at stressful times.

It is hard not to think about how you're feeling all the time, but it sounds like this is making you worse. Maybe you could visit your dr and explain how you're feeling? It might be time to get some more help.

Try to take your mind off it all, distraction is the best thing when you feel like this. Maybe phone a friend and go out or just chat. I hope you find something that works for you.

You are definately not alone though, take care.

Tammy x