PDA

View Full Version : Really panicking...

pd
22-10-09, 18:28
Earlier I had a thought pop into my head 'you are going to die today', I went from fine to panicky in about ten seconds flat and havent stopped yet...

My chest hurts, there's pain in my neck and back :( I'm hot and sweaty (although the heating in the house is stuck on full atm) and I'm so so so scared. I don't want to die. :weep::weep::weep:

I can't stop panicking.

PanicOver!!
22-10-09, 18:30
Calm down its a panic attack
i know the feelings are real i have been there but it will pass
try and distrct yourself a bit iv heard singing helps as it consentrates the mind
stay chatting on here til it passes because it will pass

mandyclare
22-10-09, 18:30
It's ok.. you aren't going to die. Please believe me. My personal opinion even though I believe this is a horrible horrible extended anxiety/panic attack is that you should call the Dr and get some meds to help you calm down. Keep talking to us while you wait. You will be fine I promise.

mand xx

mandyclare
22-10-09, 18:34
Can you turn the heating off completely? It may help.. if not id throw some windows open.. the heat may be exasperating your anxiety attack. Still here if you need to talk

Mand

pd
22-10-09, 18:34
Thank you, I'm sat here in tears and I never cry. This feels like something completely new, im so scared :( thank you rfor replying, does anybody think it's a bad idea to take maedincation someone else is offering you, I can get some valium from a friend, but will it make me worse if it's not prescribed, if something happens?

mandyclare
22-10-09, 18:36
Have a good cry, it wont hurt you.. let it all out.. it might help you recover from this...DO NOT TAKE MEDICATION FROM ANYBODY ELSE .. PLEASE DONT!!

PanicOver!!
22-10-09, 18:37
Do not take friends meds thats deffinately not a good idea
please be patient hard i know but it will pass
i know it would be easy to find a "magic cure" but there is none
try and relax and as mandyclare said open a winow and try and breath slowly

mandyclare
22-10-09, 18:37
Ring the out of hours Dr.. he will give you something to calm down if this attack is very bad. It is just anxiety/panic but if you are very very bad you may need some help to calm down...

Look at your watch/clock.. breathe in for the count of 5 and breath out for the count of 7 for a while.. it will help to calm you.

pd
22-10-09, 18:40
I wont take anything but not sure I cam handle dealing with out of ours doc

breatheing slowly, chest feels less tight

thankg you

PanicOver!!
22-10-09, 18:42
keep talking on here we are here for you

mandyclare
22-10-09, 18:42
Good keep up the breathing.. get some fresh air.... look around the room when youve had enough of the breathing and just list out loud everything you can see.. it will help focus you mind

still here!

mandyclare
22-10-09, 18:49
You ok hun??

pd
22-10-09, 18:50
Thank you, called a friend he's coming over, gonna go to his house, need to get out of mine! Thank you thank you thank you.. slightly calmer, want to get out of the hourse though
thank you.

mandyclare
22-10-09, 18:51
Thats ok.. im glad you are feeling a bit better.. take care x

PanicOver!!
22-10-09, 18:52
hey anytime

pd
22-10-09, 23:29
Mandyclare and Panicover! thank you both so much for talking to me earlier, beginning to feel like a bit of a prat now, haven't panicked quite like that, well, ever. Bad end to a long week (if only it were friday!) I guess. Thank you again, this place calms me down!

Pd.