PDA

View Full Version : Lumps on face please help!!!

Aileen33
22-10-09, 20:31
Hi everyone,

recently I had a tiny little pea sized lump on my neck that started out like a normal spot (zit) and then stopped hurting but went away in about 2 weeks leaving a little scab. I have also got a similar thing on my lip and on my forehead, where a spot starts out, hurts for a few days and then becomes a little lump and it's been there for 2 weeks! I am so scared - has this happened to anyone before??

Please help! xx

gypsywomen
22-10-09, 20:59
i have had spots on back of my neck and in hair i only stared with them when i started on meds for anxiety,, so it could be that ,mine just appeard one day like your,, i just put up with them the thing is when you have anxiety ,one thing you do in your sleep is sweat this can cause spots and itching ,if your not happy have word with doc but i think nothing to worry about

nomorepanic
22-10-09, 21:02
Are you sure they aren't boils?

Aileen33
22-10-09, 21:21
they kinda start like boils but after a few days stop hurting a leave a little lump :-(

Cell block H fan
22-10-09, 21:26
I had that happen between my nose & lip. Couple of years ago. Started off as a lump, hurt like it was going to be a hum dinger! Stopped hurting & I was left with a lump. Its still there. About a year ago, another smaller one appeared just under it. Haven't mentioned it to the doctor, kinda always expected it to just go. They haven't, but they have shrunk a bit. Not sure what they are though. x

nomorepanic
22-10-09, 21:31
ok could also be sebaceous cysts

Cell block H fan
22-10-09, 21:33
ok could also be sebaceous cysts

That makes sense, a few months ago, I managed to squeeze some fluid out of the biggen, thats when it shrunk thinking about it.
There's also the lumps that are like grains of rice under the skin? But I cant think what they're called. Or is that the ones you named?

MissBoo
22-10-09, 21:57
That makes sense, a few months ago, I managed to squeeze some fluid out of the biggen, thats when it shrunk thinking about it.
There's also the lumps that are like grains of rice under the skin? But I cant think what they're called. Or is that the ones you named?

I believe those are called milia.

Cell block H fan
22-10-09, 22:08
I believe those are called milia.

:doh: thats it