PDA

View Full Version : Back of the head pressure.....very scared!!!

debs180
22-10-09, 22:09
Hello,
Ealier this afternoon i thought i was coming down with one of the many bugs that are going around my area at the moment, i had awful tummy ache and felt sick. My partner took charge of the kids and told me to go to bed for awhile. I did and started to feel alot better after a few hours, although i was and still am extremely hot.
But what im worrying about and getting myself into a right state about is the back of my head, i have a pressure all at the back of my head, and when i lay down with the back of my head on the pillow it feels worse, almost like i need to shake my head, im starting to feel abit dizzy with it also, i dont know if this part of the bug i think i may have or as my brain is telling me something alot worse. It just feels so strange and i am really starting to panic over it. I keep fighting of an anxiety attack with my breathing exercises, but im sure im going to have one any minute.
Does anyone know what this big pressure could be at the back of my head or even experianced it themselves??? Please help soon because i just know this is going to be a very bad night!!!
Sorry for the long post!

Debs x

debs180
22-10-09, 22:44
Anyone??? Extremely anxious now!!!
It also feels like the pressure at the back is filling up, if that makes sense..... really am scared!
Debs x

kathee
22-10-09, 22:58
sometimes a raised temp can make you feel like this but if you are worried just call the out of hours doctor for your peace of mind :-) ... also tension relating to anxiety can give a head ache that feels like a band of pressure though i feel it mostly in my shoulders and back of head :-) hope you soon feel better x x

debs180
22-10-09, 23:05
Thank you Kathee,
So u have had a pressure feeling in the back of your head??

Debs x

kathee
22-10-09, 23:14
yes hun, a result i believe of the muscles in the back of my neck tensing up due to anxiety ... more anxious i get, tighter the muscles go feels like more pressure is being applied...:-( nasty !!! but just for your own piece of mind why don't you ring nhs direct?

kath
x

pd
22-10-09, 23:31
Hi Debs, I've had this, or something similar to what you describe anyway. Doctor told me it was tension, tense muscles in my back, tension going up my neck and causing tension in head muscles. It feels like pressure. Try to relax as much as possible, have a hot bath, take some paracetamol if your head feels painful.

Hope you feel better soon.

debs180
23-10-09, 07:59
Thank you Kathee, Pd,
I went on up to bed and relaxed and rested, it was still there when i drifted off, but not so much this morning. All the other sypmtoms which i thought was the bug have gone 2, so unsure of what it all was really!!!
If i continue to get it i will visit my GP. But thank you for replying, always helps!!!

Debs x