PDA

View Full Version : Stress management course

Lucy36
04-11-05, 23:08
Hi, well i would just like to post that ive eventually got a place on a stress management course, so i would like to post on here how i get on a weekly basis, i will be starting it on Monday morning which isnt far from where i live (thank god), i can feel myself getting a bit nervous even just now, but i will go, plus aswell im starting relaxation and aromatherapy on tuesday morning, please keep your fingers crossed for me that these will work for me, as i really dont know what else to do to help my agoraphobia and anxiety.

i have progressed in the last year or so, coz i can get to the local shop and walking the dogs, but i cant seem to get out my area where i live myself unless someone is with me, or i will just go into major panic attack mode.

i would also like to post im going for my first computing test to college on wednesday night, im doing ECDL open learning, so wish me luck for that, and hopefully soon i will go for my driving test again coz i failed my theory about a month ago, (anybody got any hints on driving tests please come and speak to me cause ive got a problem with the hazard tests).

Hope ive posted all this in the right place here

Take care all
love lucy xx [xx(]

carldourish
04-11-05, 23:28
Isn't it great that your taking these steps. I have been on a stress management course in the past, and it taught me some positive things.

Also good luck on your computer course.

Well done!

Carl

Piglet
04-11-05, 23:51
Well done on all that you have acheived Lucy and good luck with all you want to achieve.

Love Piglet:)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Trev
05-11-05, 00:28
Well done with arranging it all and good luck Lucy. :D

Cheers,
Trev

Lucy36
07-11-05, 15:34
hi all, well i started the stress management course today, i was such a nervous wreck before i went, but i got there ok, everybody was sooo supportive and friendly, and with what everthing that this entails well i think this will really help me, there going to be doing confidence building in this aswell, so i think that'll it be really good for me,

We even got a stressball from the therapist.

But i;ll keep posted how i get on with it,

take care everybody
love lucy xxx

carldourish
07-11-05, 15:37
Greta news Lucy, your dog would love the stress ball.

Carl

carldourish
07-11-05, 15:39
I mean 'GREAT'

I'm in the process of writing a book. I flick in and out off this site and writing, fingers really hurting.

Carl

Trev
07-11-05, 18:01
Well done Lucy. I think you will go from strength to strength.

Doing this course was a bit of a turning point for me. Like you, I found it very helpful to talk to others in the same position.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the course.

Cheers,
Trev

tammyg
07-11-05, 20:03
Glad it went well for you, keep us posted!

Tammy x

3faces
08-11-05, 20:43
Well done Lucy:D

I'm starting my stress management course on Thursday evening and I'm really nervous. I've already gone through the 'maybe I won't go' in my head but I'm determined to go now. Everyone says how helpful it is so I would be mad not to.

Hope I feel as positive as you when I've been for my first session!

Jem xxx

desperate
08-11-05, 21:10
I started m course today and i was ok jem i got mega worried too!

Sarah

Piglet
09-11-05, 11:47
Glad it went well Lucy - it will be interesting to see what you think at the end of it!!!

Love Piglet :)

pips
09-11-05, 16:14
Excellent Lucy well Done hun!

Keep up the good work!

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X X X

Lucy36
16-11-05, 15:52
Well guys, i just got a email from my tutor, i failed my college test on ECDL, i have to try again, ****** silly thing i done aswell. you have to get 80% i got 75%, im so deflated, i failed my theory driving test about a month ago, now this, im trying to boost my confidence not burn it right out. im sitting here crying, failed on both. god. better just hybernating in my bed. sorry guys but just expressing how i feel.

take care all
lucy x

3faces
16-11-05, 16:02
Hi there Lucy:D

I'm really sorry to hear you failed your ECDL test, but to have failed by just 5% is nothing to feel bad about. You did really well and had the confidence to go ahead and try for it. Don't let this set you back. Don't see these things as failures, you are being a success because you are going out there and trying to do these things. There are a lot of us that wouldn't have bothered even trying. If your having a bad day today, that's fine, let it all out and tomorrow is another day. Keep moving forward and well done for trying. I'm thinking of you and take care.
PM me anytime for a chat.

Jem xxx

Lucy36
16-11-05, 16:32
Yeah ure right nigel, next time eh!!! well ive contacted the tutor im going up to the college next wednesday night to practise the mailmerge of what i failed on, but the way i feel thou, ive booked my driving theory test for the 17 dec, i feel like cancelling it, god i could handle failing 1 but 2 my my Lucy get a grip. lol. i feel so deflated inside. well suppose theres 1 positive thing, ive stopped smoking not had a ciggie since 3 weeks on tuesday there, its just sometimes i get tired of trying, trying to get back out there with the agoraphobia, college course, stop smoking, driving tests, maybe im trying things tooo much at moment, but no,k coz i need some positive things going on in my life, if not i mays well just lie in bed every day. oh im sorry im rambling on here, but just getting it off my chest,

thanks
lucy xxxx

andrew
16-11-05, 17:05
hi lucy,

brilliant stopping smoking.
you was only just below the pass mark - 5%, that deflated feeling will pass and you'll see yourself passing soon enough, good luck next time.
stay positive for the driving, good luck with that .. tc andrew

Piglet
17-11-05, 10:02
Hi Lucy,

Never mind hun we don't always get the result we want but never mind about that, you tried and that's what counts. Give it another go and another if need be.

I've done the clait course and had to retake a couple of sections.

Meg
17-11-05, 23:55
Well done on the stopping smoking !! Hurrah

Its good then that you can retake that bit so in a few weeks. months it'll all be ok

Good luck for both driving and mail merging

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Lucy36
21-11-05, 14:06
Hello guys, i had a slip up with the smoking on friday night, had a few drinks then bang, decided to buy fags, anyway im back off them now again, back to 3 days off them again.[Oops!]

Anyway, stress management course today again [OK], went really well considering i really didnt feel like going, but i did, and i felt good after it, we were talking about assertiveness and taking control of our lives., and peoples behaviour,(not about my behavious ofcourse, but taking control of my life lol) so yes it gave me something to think about. i had to get a taxi to it, but one of my goals is to walk to the place, i felt gutted with myself coz of geting taxi, but then i said to myself "Stop right there i will do it one day walk to the centre".

The centre has a fitness gym inside it and one of the girls asked me if i would like to join the gym with her, so i said yes, but maybe arrange something in a couple of weeks and join it, so thats something positive to consider.

Regarding me being agoraphobic i just pray to god that all this that im doing helps me to get back out there again. jumping on buses, going shopping etc, by myself, because i really dont want to be like this all my life.

Going for my resit test at college on wednesday night, so i will let yous know how i get on with that. [Sigh...]

Take care all
Love lucy xxx
[:P]

Piglet
21-11-05, 14:14
Lucy,

You are doing so well, who cares if you got a taxi, you got there.

I think you are a success for all the things you are aiming for whether or not you achieve all of them.

You keep trying and one day it will become easier.

Best of luck to you mate.:D

Lucy36
24-11-05, 14:15
Hi guys, for yous who have been watching this post, i PASSED my 1st computing module lst night at college, couldnt believe it i got 80% pass mark. [Wow!] Thats me started with the 2nd module in computing.

Also just like to mention tht some1 on here has been helping me with eft treatment and i managed to walk the dogs a total different route ths morning. i done eft on myself before i left the house and well it did seem to work, no panic nothing.

I;ll keep posted guys how im doing soon

Take care
lucy x

Meg
24-11-05, 14:37
Fantastic news on all counts Lucy ..

Well done.

*but then i said to myself "Stop right there i will do it one day walk to the centre". *

Very true ! You will be doing this in time..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

nomorepanic
24-11-05, 15:19
Lucy

Well done on the course and great news about the EFT

Nicola

Piglet
24-11-05, 16:15
Well done Lucy - both things are brilliant!!!!:D:D:D

Love Pig xx

carldourish
24-11-05, 21:44
Told you the power of EFT, and you walked the dogs a different route and passed your course, don't think the tapping had anything to do with it do you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looooooooooool

Well done.

Carl

andrew
24-11-05, 22:46
well done lucy, great news passing the course, good luck with the driving, smoking and continuing to get out and about .. tc andrew

3faces
24-11-05, 23:48
[size=2]A BIG WELL DONE TO YOU LUCY!!!:D

SENDING YOU LOVE AND POSITIVE VIBES![/size=2]

Jem xxx