PDA

View Full Version : Weird leg sensations

peter34uk
23-10-09, 11:14
Hi,

Lieing in bed and I start to experience weird sensations in my legs which make me tense my muscles. Hard to explain but it felt wierd. I dont want to say spasm cause they not hurtfull but its kinda like say adrenaline running through my leg muscles or something.

Weird but what do you think?

mandyclare
23-10-09, 11:44
If you mean almost like a buzzing I have had that many times.. like all your nerves are fired up... i think this is a very common symptom of anxiety. Hope you feel better now.

Mand

gypsywomen
23-10-09, 12:19
i get this every night as i am dropping to sleep,think its common

junie7
23-10-09, 12:27
Hi Peter,
I get the leg sensations as well and I can also sometimes feel it elsewhere but mainly in my legs. It does'nt hurt but I know when it happens it could be trouble as it feels like the adrenaline is on the loose and anything could happen. I also find I get it after I've had a cup of tea so maybe it's the caffeine in the tea starting it off.
Junie

peter34uk
23-10-09, 15:06
thanks guys. My legs just ache now after it. Weird.

rebeccad
23-10-09, 15:33
could it be restless leg syndrome?

LisaLisa
23-10-09, 15:49
Was just thinking the same as rebecca, my mum has this and describes it as you have

Lisa
xxx

rebeccad
23-10-09, 15:50
I had it whilst being pregnant and it is horrible not painful just very very uncomfortable, and an uncontrable urge to move your legs. Its always at night and in the morning it dissapears.

peter34uk
23-10-09, 17:25
Ive had it all day. Its like some energy in your legs. Making you wanna tense ur muscles. TBH I been obsessing about it all day and getting stressed out but im accepting it as an anxiety symptom....well, trying anyways.

My muscles ache a bit now too. It must be stress related.....I hope!

janni
23-10-09, 17:32
I'm sure it has to do with anxiety I get weird leg sensations too that I can only describe as little palpitations or pulsations in legs happens in arms too. Take care hope things improve soon