PDA

View Full Version : Temple Pain

loulabella
23-10-09, 11:19
For about 8 weeks have been experiencing anxiety and headaches - pressure at the back of my head. AFter 3 weeks on dosolupin the tension seems to have moved to my temple area. So far today I have had 2x doses of co-codomol - 30/500, a diazapam and 75mg dosolupin and it just wont go. Is there anything else the doctor can do. I know tricyclics help with the headaches but realistically how long are we talking. Is 3 weeks still early days or could the doc give me something else. I am sat here crying as I write this as I am not sure how much more I can take... I don't want my 4 year old to see me cry anymore. :weep:

mandyclare
23-10-09, 11:53
Do you think the headaches could be stemming from tension in your neck muscles?? If you do some relaxation excercises might help.. or Dr could refer you to a physio who will teach you ways to help yourself.

I can really bad headaches like this quite alot but i've learnt they are coming from my neck. Even though it's uncomfortable at first i find the more active I am the less severe the headache gets as it loosens up the neck muscles.. this particularly works well if you find it is worse first thing in the morning.

It's so hard when you feel unwell with a small one.. i have a 2 year old and also two teenagers.

Mand

loulabella
23-10-09, 19:21
Thanks for your kind words...Yea, I am having physio - but worried the medication could be making me grind my teeth as today have noticed my jaw aches... but as it is a tricyclic and I am taking Diazapam is this really likely? I mean, do they not treat bruxism with tricyclics?

Really tearful today - is 3 weeks on my medication still early days? Should I not be feeling better yet? :( x

tnt808
02-11-09, 04:28
Hi- I experience temple pain, and I know mine is because I clench my jaw when I am having any form of anxiety or stress. Try not to worry, and I hope the pain goes.