PDA

View Full Version : weird feelings is it sertraline?

LisaLisa
23-10-09, 14:28
Hi everyone

Was wondering if anyone who takes anti d's like sertraline or citalopram or fluexotine has noticed that about three hours after taking them they get a horrible hot fluey feeling and i bit achey in muscles. Kind of feels like my breath even is too hot.

I have had this on and off for a while but out of the blue I didnt have it yesterday at all and then i realised that i had forgotten to take my sertraline yesterday. Also this weird hot feeling alsways seemed to come on about the same time about 4pm , then i strarted thinking that I take my tablet after my lunch everyday about 1pm.

Just wondered If anyone can relate to this

Lisa
xxxx

rebeccad
23-10-09, 14:31
Hi Lisa i take citalopram i dont get fluey feelings but i do get a bit fuzzy headed and a bit of funny vision. I also sometimes feel as though i have swallowed salty water its horrible only lasts for about half hour and is getting much better the longer im on them. I take mine in the morning after my breakfast so that the side effects have worn off by the afternoon/evening. Do you feel as though your meds are doing anything i just feel as though mine have switched me off in a funny sort of way with no feelings of emotion at all.

xxxx

LisaLisa
23-10-09, 15:42
Thanks for your reply Rebecca.

Im not really sure what they do for me because i still feel super anxious on and off, as you know lol

Its stressing me out that I have linked this weird feeling withthe timings of taling the sertraline because my mind is running a bit wild with ideas about liver function and obviously hiv. Although I had a liver function test in February and it was normal , so thats okay then isnt it? Its nothing to do with my liver then is it?

Sorry ........what was i saying about not seeking reasurance ......

I hate HA

Lisa
xxxxx

rebeccad
23-10-09, 15:49
if you had a the test done then no it cant be anything to do with your liver, didnt even know you were supposed to have tests after being on anti depressants. It might not even be anything to do with the tablets just perhaps you are so over stressed and tired. But 1 thing i do know is it is nothing serious nothing at all your blood test proved fine for your liver function test and i dont need to tell you 5 hiv tests that are all negative lol. I am really trying not to even come on here but i cant help it i even do it in secret now and delete the browsing history so that hubbie cant find out as he goes mad when i do, i sort of promised my cpn i would nt go on here for a while seeking reassurance but i seriously cant go all day without asking somebody be it my mom, dad hubby or somebody on here. Is it possible for you to take them at night or maybe earlier in the morning if the side effects are troubling you so much, or even change your medication maybe?

LisaLisa
23-10-09, 15:55
Rebecca I didnt get the liver finction test becuase of the tablets. The dr gave me a full blood count, liver and kidney function tests becuase i stormed into his office and screamed ' my hiv tests are wrong and no one is helping me. I have a sore face and swollen salivary glands and weird hormone issues and I know my tests are wrong' He said oh. Well lets lookat your immune system ona whole and that should give you some confidence in your test results. Maybe we will find something else seeing as we have already checked that you dont have hiv' They didnt find anythign else so the mental lissa hunt for that Ilness that cant be found continues!!

I am exactly the same as you, i am banned from NMP but here I am!! Im, thinking that it is just as well that we dont have to pay as such to use this site or I would be bancrupt by now. The worst thing is I am actually at work...how bad is that!! Im certainly banned from it at home, my husband would really freak at me.

My psychologist also banned me from reasuirance seeking on here.....hmmmmmmmm and we wonder why we are still anxious,. gosh

Lisa
xxx

rebeccad
23-10-09, 16:03
Its like a drug, but when you are so in need of reassurance what else can you do i certanly dont get it from my family as i have blown it all with them its sort of like the boy who cried wolf now ive always got something wrong with me, i have sort of got a bit of a tremor in my hands when i hold them out straight do you think this could also be from anxiety or i should get it checked out? sorry to intrude on your thread ive only just noticed it when i lifted my hands up from typing if i keep my wrists on the laptop and then lift up my fingers its worse?? How long have you suffered from ha?

LisaLisa
23-10-09, 16:25
Definately not tremor from anything other than anxiety luv.

Yes reassurance is an addiction. But then Health anxiety is also an obsessive addictive like behaviour too for me . It feels like stopping smoking, thats what my psychologist made me see. Hes definately right as well.

The cry wolf thing, i have been there too when i was feeling really anxious just after my baby was born . Made me feel so pathetic and stupid after a while when the anxietystarted to fade a little. Made me hate everyone for a while but I found that after a little while of not seeking reasurance fromthem I felt a lot better and not such an needy idiot. It showed me lots of patterns of immaturity that I have with my family and how over dependant I am on them. Its been a crazy journey so far.

How are you doing at CBt Is it helping having somewhere to go to unlaod and check in? Just be sure to make the most of it becuase its over before you know it and i wish that i had stopped doing all the reasurance stuf flike i was supposed to while i was going becuase it would have been more use then instead of me having to do it all now wothout the support.
Lisa
xxxx

rebeccad
23-10-09, 16:30
The lady that i see sort of implied that i would be going for the next year or until i dont need it anymore, maybe i just misread what she was saying. I also know what you mean about feeling immature because thats exactly how i feel 29 years old and still dependant on my mom for my emotional reassurance. How long did you do your cbt for? also have you heard of people having tremors from anxiety? Anyway so sorry to hack your thread i hope you are having a better day today i sort of sense you are?