PDA

View Full Version : New Meds/Can't sleep

popeye60
23-10-09, 16:41
Hi everybody, just introducing myself. Had a week from hell, coming off some prozac, doc said he will put me on Venlafaxine. Also on the zops, been on these over two years now, cant sleep, not sure what to do ,i'm on 15mgs a night. Any advice from anyone, thanks.

diane07
23-10-09, 16:43
Hi popeye60

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

popeye60
23-10-09, 16:48
Thank-you. It's what i need. God Bless ya.

gypsywomen
23-10-09, 17:18
do you mean zopiclone i have been on them 3 years i take 2x3mg a night how many do you take ,i find after a while you get used to them so they dont work as good,, i sometimes bite one in half during the day it calm me right down

popeye60
24-10-09, 10:48
Hi there, "yes" its is zopiclone. I use to take one a night 7.5mg now i'm taking two which is [15mg]. The tablet is'nt working, so i'm not getting much sleep. I'm reducing myself off them, started taking one and a half nightly as of now, so i will keep you posted on how i'm coping with the lack of sleep. It's quite a scarry feeling knowing you cant sleep, and when you do it is'nt for very long, i'm glad i found this webb site. Kind Regards...