PDA

View Full Version : Would appreciate ANY advice.

k9love
23-10-09, 17:06
Hi there wonder if anyone can help me here?
I,ll try to explain the best I can.
7mths ago I had a swelling come up, its the arch bit just in front of where my tonsils would have been and is only on left side, and its really sore and irritating! Ive been to 5 doctors and 2 dentists so far and even tho they can see swelling and soreness none of them seem concerned, Ive tried mouth washes galore, different toothpastes,herbal remedies everything I can think of!
Asked doctor about refferal to ent but he said he didnt think I needed to see anyone else!
Im getting seriosly stressed by it now its on my mind day and night!
Does anyone know what it might be? or any advice as to what to try?
I was wondering if getting stressed about it was making it worse?
Thanks.

LucyR
23-10-09, 17:09
Hi, Could it be caused by friction of say a bit of a tooth or something similar?

gypsywomen
23-10-09, 17:11
i cant say what it is but if you have seen doctors and they cant find anything wrong you must be ok ,the only thing i can think maybe a wisdom tooth as they are right at the back of your mouth ,,one thing that is good is a solution of salt and water rinse your mouth and gargle with it its very soothing .try not to worry too much sure you will be ok ,maggie ps i was a nurse 15 years

mandyclare
23-10-09, 17:22
if you mean the curved bit at the sides of your throat just at the back each side of the dangly bit.... one side of mine has been swollen for years.... i dunno why..... i do get a lot of sore throats but it hasn't done me any harm yet. I'd like to hazard a bet that if you looked in everybody's mouths on this site people would have all different lumps and bumps and all sorts in their mouths. If both the dr and the dentist has looked and is unconcerned I would honestly just forget about it as it's nothing to concern yourself with.

All the best
Mand : )

k9love
23-10-09, 19:12
Thanks for your replies.
Mand, does yours irritate you all the time?
I cant forget about it as its ther all the time.

LisaLisa
26-10-09, 10:53
Hey i ve got this too. Have you had your tonsils removed? I have

I also get this little blistery thing on it too and i can burst it and blood comes out its horible!!

Lisa
xxxxx

k9love
27-10-09, 18:27
Hey i ve got this too. Have you had your tonsils removed? I have

I also get this little blistery thing on it too and i can burst it and blood comes out its horible!!

Lisa
xxxxx
Yes I had my tonsils out many years ago, mine has a small blister on it too, have you had yours checked by a doc? what did they say?