PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone..im new to this site.

samii
23-10-09, 18:13
hi 22 yr old female here, so glad i found this website! thinking it could be very helpful!
its been a whole year now since i quit my receptionist job due to what i thought was stress related it got all to much, ive been taking 20mg of Citalopram now for almost 2 weeks, as i feel i have bad social phobia. some days are ok, other days are bad. Ive had no bad side effects just heavy hands almost like pins n needles, my sleeping patterns been knocked off abit too. I would like to hear other peoples opinion on Citalopram.i.e If they helped and how long did they take to start working etc etc....

Regards :yesyes:

Sam

p.s(am i the youngest female on this site?)

nomorepanic
23-10-09, 18:15
Hi samii

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

gary_2.0
23-10-09, 19:32
I've always said what this site needs is more 22 yr old females! I'm auditioning as site letch, as I believe we don't have one. So, what are you doing at the weekend, let's go out? Do you like Italian? How am I doing? :noangel:

The tingling could be the result of many things of course - even the stress itself. I took Citalopram some years ago and it worked wonderfully for me. Another time it did absolutely nothing. Everyone is different and everyone's stress is individual to them, but make sure you keep in touch with your doctor so you can try something else if the Citalopram doesn't do the job. There's quite a choice available, and although it can be frustrating finding the right one for you, it's worth it in the end if you can find something that puts a spring back in your step.

I suffer with social anxiety too, I know what it's like. Welcome to the site anyway Sam, you're sure to find a lot of good advice here. The people are very supportive and have helped me a good deal. Best of luck. :yesyes:

So what shall we say then, about 8pm outside the pictures? :D

samii
25-10-09, 15:02
Well first i would like to say thanks very much for your comment Gary made me laugh :winks::) Im having one of my better days today, feel sooo relaxed, just chilling out today after helping my mum with some housework, trying to maintain a positive frame of mind as i have the jobcentre at 9:00am tomorrow :scared15: lol. for a back to work session, then at 2:00pm i will be getting a phonecall from the call centre regarding a tempoary job, fingers crossed :D
i have been unemployed for almost 2 years!! yeah, agess! :weep:
Anyone got any tips for trying to keep focused and help keep negitive thoughts away!? :wacko:

regards

Sammy X.X

Marti36
25-10-09, 15:29
Good luck with the temp job,let us know how it goes.

sandi pawsey
25-10-09, 15:42
hi i 2wish i could help you re negative thiughts its a hard one. I get them all the time and still looking for an answer. Went hypno therapist two weeks ago and looking forward to my next session. Will keep you in touch re outcome. sandi. x

samii
25-10-09, 15:59
thanks, yes i really need this job, its a bummer when u have low self-esteem, i need to get out this rut

challangerchris
25-10-09, 16:22
Hey sammi, good to hear your feeling better today. Keep that feeling up! :)

Good luck with the job offer, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Take care,
Chris

Southern_Belle
25-10-09, 21:41
Hi Samii,

Welcome to NMP. You will find many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get support. No, you are not the youngest member on the site :).

Take care,

Laura