PDA

View Full Version : Loads of swine flu here at moment!

countrygirl
23-10-09, 20:07
I know loads of people who have had terrible cough and cold and flu like symptoms and the local Dr has started swabbing a few and she said that the swabs are coming back positive for swine flu - there are 74 children off from school with it. Strange thing is that last xmas I had exact same symptoms and same cough as did two other members of my family but no one mentioned flu then! Everyone has got over it and all have said it can't be swine flu its just a very bad cough and cold???????????

I really would like to be a hermit at moment!

claire m
23-10-09, 20:25
loads of the same kind of illness here to in cumbria. my son has a terrible cough and high temperature. im thinking it could be flu.
When i phoned school up to say he was off ill she said that there were alot of children off with the same symptoms.

countrygirl
23-10-09, 23:02
Hi Claire I live in cumbria as well so it must be racing through the county!

Alisonj
24-10-09, 06:34
It seems to be running wild everywhere but the encouraging news is that people are getting it and recovering from it without problems and sometimes even better than the seasonal flu.

claire m
24-10-09, 11:31
hi countrygirl. small world isnt it. i live south of penrith i believe i had swine flu in august and i was very ill but no cold symptoms with it. so im hoping it was that then.
my son has been up all night with temperature and cough im not sure whether to phone the cuedoc yet as they will just give him tamiflu so im going to wait a few more hours and see how he is.

Frenchmaid
26-10-09, 17:22
Are you getting vaccinated for it...i wonder i have not make my decions yet.. but now here in Canada they are starting to gave the flu vaccine and i am kind of nervous to take it... i ask a lots of people and a lots of them are telling me that they are not taking it!!!