PDA

View Full Version : scared

Louise2009
24-10-09, 00:27
Hi everyone,

I wondered if I could have some advice/encouagement.

I have been prescribed venlafaxine for GAD and Panic attacks and am really terrified of taking this medication. For some reason, I cannot stop worrying incase I have been misdiagosed by my doctor - and that if I take this medication I might switch to mania. A friend of mine scared me about this as she said she had a friend who this happened to.

I don't think I have underlying bipolar, but I start to question myself and think that I do have an 'artistic temperament' and have been up and down for years but nothing radical. I spoke to my doctor about my concerns and he really wasn't prepared to listen and told me that I am worrying for nothing...

Does anyone have any advice about this?? I suppose I just need a bit of encouragement please.

Danath
24-10-09, 01:56
I took venlafaxine and had no problems with it, the main issue was i was drinking so much that i renderted it ineffective

you can get somewhat tearful and brain zappy when coming off it but other than that i found it quite relaxing.

again the only reason i changed meds is we thought they weren't working when they were, its just that the alcohol was nullifying the beneficial effect they were having on me. Honestly love, theres absoloutely nothing to be frightened of.

Dan