PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Dark months!!!

Meewah
24-10-09, 00:29
Welcome everyone

I have been reading the majority of threads and I can see one common symptom. We have all entered the Dark months. Daylight is disappearing and nights are getting longer the weather is getting colder and I am sure if we all look at the threads that are being written about we will soon realise that it is like a echo of last year and the year before and we all came through the previous winters.

Lets all pull together and rationalise that we will most probably feel cold and flu like symptoms and the great majority will find the symptoms disappear without as quickly as they came. Lets all enjoy the great wonders and changes of the earth at this time. We will all get through...before we know it it will be January and we will be returning back to longer days....

Take care all...you probably will get a headache a runny nose a temperature, enlarged glands etc... but we will live to tell the story.

Mee

Danath
24-10-09, 02:01
I don't know I rather enjoy the absence of flies and wasps and the smell of warm sewage from the drains on the adjacent street, I also enjoy the way the ground sparkles when theres a thin layer of frost on the concrete, and the rush of warmth as one enters a building or sits by a fire, I also love rain whilst under a shelter. its much easier to get warm in winter than it is to cool down in summer i find too :)

but thats just me, im sure theres probably a name for liking winter.

Dan

Alisonj
24-10-09, 06:30
I am soooo dreading the winter months. I am already missing the warm summer days spent on the beach with my family. It is so tough to deal with the cold, snow, dark, illnesses, and extra stresses of this time of the year. But we will get through it like we do every other year.

Emira7
24-10-09, 08:45
Great post Mee, and never a truer word said!

I am hoping for a big snow fall again this year, or early next year. Had a great time with the kids and hubby playing in the snow!

Emira
x

Maj
24-10-09, 09:22
Yes, I think we all feel better when the sun is shining. Although they do say that people like the season in which they were born. I was born in the Autumn and I love the colours of Autumn and how sometimes it can be a glorious day. Rain, hail or snow it's all about putting one foot forward and getin on with it!!
Myra:shades:

gypsywomen
24-10-09, 09:24
good posyt yes i dont think its the weather as much as the dark days thet depress,

pd
24-10-09, 09:32
I love winter. I don't however love the abundance of illnesses around every year as I seem to get all of them.

Jaco45er
24-10-09, 09:50
I'm with you pd, I have always loved this time of year. I like the seasons we have, I lived in Oz as a kid and it was too hot all the damn time lol

cassy1989
24-10-09, 11:53
I love this time of year! I love it when its cold, when it rains, even the darker days. One thing I don't like is all the colds and flu going around though. It really does play on my ha.
I have had two colds in the space of about three weeks. My throat feels red raw, I ache all over but I'm trying to tell myself its just a cold!

BKF1515
24-10-09, 12:51
I love this time of year too. I find my H/A subsides a little if I take a walk amidst the falling leaves and take deep breaths of the fall air. Thanks for this post. :)

Meewah
30-10-09, 03:12
I don't know I rather enjoy the absence of flies and wasps and the smell of warm sewage from the drains on the adjacent street, I also enjoy the way the ground sparkles when theres a thin layer of frost on the concrete, and the rush of warmth as one enters a building or sits by a fire, I also love rain whilst under a shelter. its much easier to get warm in winter than it is to cool down in summer i find too :)

but thats just me, im sure theres probably a name for liking winter.

Dan

Very poetic.

A good way to think about the illness is that it is a good boost to the immunity and less colds and flu's to catch in the future. The more we catch now the less we will when we get old and frail....

Start collecting those cold and flu credits...

I cant believe the speed its moving at already, the fall that is.

Keep wrapped up.

Mee

PaulR
31-10-09, 17:44
I normally love the winter but I'm convinced I'm going to die from Swine flu this year.