PDA

View Full Version : A failure.

Granny Primark
24-10-09, 01:27
I just dont know what to do.
Ive got 2 children who used to be really close. But now my son despises his younger sister.
The constant arguing for the last 4 years is destroying me.
Im at my wits end!
They are age 24 and 35.
I dont want win the lottery. I dont want a big flashy car. I just want 2 children that can be in the same room as each other.
I feel a failure as a mum.
I thought losing me best friend me mum was bad but that is no where as bad as this.
A bereavment is far easier to cope with than this constant abuse.
Ive tried me hardest to be a good mum. But obviously ive failed.
Ive posted so many times on nmp and the samaritans must be so sick of me.
I just want 2 children to be able to be civil with one another.
Any advice would be much appreciated. Cus I feel like ive failed as a mum.
I want 3 little cousins to enjoy being with one another.

Bluebelle
24-10-09, 01:45
Hi Lynn
You are not a failure ! You are a good mum. You've done well to raise such strong-willed individuals ! I wish I could offer some advice but all I can do is send some hugs and support
Love-Bluebelle

xBettyBoopx
24-10-09, 02:01
Hi Lynn

I don't have children so I have no advice but you are not a failure!! It is not your fault that they don't get on! Lots of siblings fight all the time even when they are older.

Sorry I can't be of any help except to give you:

http://www.friendsareforever.com/import/graphics/Hugs/bear_hugs2.jpg
Love
Els

maddie
24-10-09, 02:33
Lynn, they are not children any more. Although they will always be your "babies", they are adults. You have done your job in raising them to be their own people. It's not your fault they don't agree. They are individuals who should be living independently and who should respect you. I would suggest that you tell them that you would appreciate them not arguing in your home.