PDA

View Full Version : Help needed please.....

Desprate Dan
24-10-09, 05:30
Hi i am going away to Africa shortly with some people i know, but they are not close friends, my close friend dropped out, and i felt so terribly frightened and alone..

None of these people know that i suffer with (GAD) Anxiety and Panic, and i am working myself up into such a state thinking what will they think of me will they see that something isn't right with me ???

I have been suffering panic and anxiety constantly latley, i feek sick to the stomache and upset because it really should be something i am looking forward to but i am terrified, i felt like dropping out but i know that would just be running away from the problem...

I cant sleep thinking about it (WHAT IF) i break down have a panic attack infront of others...

Do you think i should go speak to my GP ??? I am on 20mg Citalopram and have been since April but they dont seem to be helping or maybe they are and i would be a jibbering wreck if i wasnt taking them i am so confused......AAAHHHH

I hate this feeling.

Please help me

Dan

Alisonj
24-10-09, 06:20
I would talk to your doctor for sure and let him know what is going on and hopefully he can give you something that will allow you to take the trip

Desprate Dan
24-10-09, 07:55
Thanks Alison,

The problem i have is i always think i am being a burden to the GP, even though through my life i have rarely used the service until just lately, but i feel i need help as i think i am going to breakdown..

A friend said i should not feel guilty as i have worked hard and paid my taxes, so i have every right to see a GP.. which made me feel better.

I am going to go first thing next week and tell the receptionist i need to be seen, as the only appointment they could give me was in 2 and a half weeks time...

I think its a case who shouts loudest gets seen first... This is not me at all, but i feel i really have to pick up the courage and say hey this is serious now and i need to see a GP A.S.A.P, not in 2 and a half weeks time....

Dan