PDA

View Full Version : citorlpram

kimmy
05-11-05, 09:29
recently my docotr has doubled my dose of citorlapram form 20 to 40 mg. the thing is i seem to be really snappy and aggressive (not in a violent way) do you think this is the medication, i am experiencing other side effects such as muscle tension.

before i was on my medication in the first place i was very stressed and like this, i dont feel stressed like i was but i blow my fuse.

has anybody got any ideas if this is tablet relalted.

thanks[^]

trac67
05-11-05, 10:12
Hi Kimmy,

The meds have different side effects for different people, so it could well be these that are making you short tempered.

Just give yourself time to adjust to the higher dose and see how you feel then.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Peru83
05-11-05, 11:16
Hi Kimmy,

I too am on Citalopram and would say that I am short tempered! I always have been but some days I am taking things way to far, no physical but definatly loosing the plot over simple things.

I am not sure what this is, it could be the tablets but I have been discussing this with my GP and unfortunatly that could just be me!! Some of my councelling should help sort that out.

Do you go to councelling?

Take Carexx

Claire

kimmy
05-11-05, 16:11
I HAVE BEEN TO COUNSELLING BEFOR, i dont know why ive been like it latly, i am quite snappy too, but its defiantly been worse recently.

yorkiegal
06-11-05, 07:58
the muscle tension is common. i felt like my shoulders were permanently hunched up and i still have pains in my arms from months of being constantly tense. looking back, i think my violent dreams started with citalopram. they haven't gone yet (i'm off the pills now) but i don't know whether thats down to the pills. the worst thing for me was the memory loss and concentration problems. at one time i coudn't even cope with simple arithmatic and nearly walked out of shops without paying several times. thats finally starting to improve now though. on the plus side, citalopram gave me 10 depression free months. the longest i've ever had.

kimmy
06-11-05, 13:27
they have beeen working really well for me, but i had an accident and my anxiety came back, perfectly normal my doctor said considering what happend. thats why hes doubled my tablets. i just wondered wether anybody got short tempered on beginning this medication or uping the dosage.

ANXIETY26
06-11-05, 17:21
I stopped talking Citalopram a few years ago as I found I was becoming very hard as a person and losing my temper quiclkly. I recently started taking them again and have noticed that Im being snappy towards people, and that's not like me. Although I dont like being short fused Id much rather be like this than suffer a lifetime with anxiety.

kimmy
06-11-05, 19:37
thats true!!!! i suppose im aware im doing it so i hope i can calm it down, i feel sorry for my kids coz they seem to be the ones that get me going. just as kids do lol. i just get scared what if i lose it and do something!?! that makes me anxious more