PDA

View Full Version : Head Tingling/Weird Sensations

NeverRelaxed
24-10-09, 14:03
Hello all,

Im 23 years old and Ive had anxiety issues for abt 18 months now, off and on. For the last 5 or 6 weeks ive been struggling with standard anxiety attacks coupled with this awfully annoying head tingling/weird sensation...I even experience this when im not even particulary anxious..Its lead to me to be constantly dwelling on this sensation which is usually on the top left side of my head...Has anyone had this sort of sensation? Im worried, in my frightened state, that it might be MS or something sinister..Its lasted for a long time!

gracesophia
24-10-09, 15:12
I'm pretty sure that the nerve that leads to the top of your head can be affected by tension in your shoulders and neck. Tingling of any kind is a common symptom of anxiety. I know this is hard to believe because it feels so strange, but we have to try!

shaz01
25-10-09, 17:50
Hi, Im also suffering from exactly the same thing, had it for about eight weeks now, doc thought is was muscular, Im going back this week, like you Im dwelling on it and its now cracking me up aaagghh lol

Shaz x

springblossom
26-10-09, 11:30
Does anyone feel their pulse along with this head sensation?

It's awful it feels like pins and needles on the scalp.

NeverRelaxed
29-10-09, 20:16
After a few days of relief, Its come back with a vengeance today!!!!!!!!! BAH!!!!!! I get the pulse sensation at times too..Ususally when Im lying on the affected side. I keep telling myself its just stress/anxiety but of course my mind cant help itself...And inevatabley I come to think its a serious neurological disease/condition....But, Ive had this for some time now, so if it was something really serious I think it would have made itself explicitly present.

NeverRelaxed
29-10-09, 20:17
pins and needles on the scalp.

"skin crawling" sensation.

Pulse sensation.

marfen
01-11-09, 16:02
OMG I'm so glad I found this thread. This is the exact same reason why I came in here today. I do suffer with neck and shoulder problems and I had to take some painkillers today because the top of my neck was feeling tight which is usually a sign that I'm getting a headache. Since then I've had the same tingling sensation that everyone has described. And of course the more I think about it the more it happens!!

springblossom
25-11-09, 13:31
do we know what causes this?

Ronny
16-12-09, 06:08
yep I know how feel I have had the tingles in my head for 5yrs now it really is the pits,,It comes at anytime of day or night.Anxiety is what it is so I've been told but still not convinced.Merry Christmas Ronny

sharona
16-12-09, 07:14
Hi
I have had this for a year now and its what made my anxiety worse by worrying about it. It does get worse when you are anxious, even when you think you are not anxious.

I know its the pits but try not to be concerned. Like someone else said the nerve endings are all in your head and unfortunetly this is where most symptoms are.

I also have really bad ear pain which is painful but after a MRI scan they cannot find anything wrong so I feel the nerve pain affects my ears more.

I hope you feel better.

Sharonaxxx

springblossom
22-02-10, 13:10
This is my biggest symptom and it also affects my vision. Do other people get it so it affects their vision?

sharona
22-02-10, 20:03
Hi

Yes it does, i get blurred vision, black spots, wierd kalidescope type circles in my vision, it scares me.
I do think it is anxiety but I am finding it hard to believe it. How can axiety effect your eyes.
What symptoms do you get?

Sharona

springblossom
28-02-10, 20:46
I've had a weekend of scalp tingling and pulsations. It's awful. Coupled with dizziness and heat rashes. I have kepy busy and kept distracted but this thing seems bigger than me. The back of my head feels like it's moving and tingling.

If I could convince myself it was anxiety I would be relieved but the endless 'What If..' haunts me...

Ronny
13-03-10, 23:31
I have the same,also with face tingling.I went to my health psych, and he told me to have scans done on my head and neck,and bingo.............a pinched nerve in my neck,my gp said that this could be the problem,and hasreferred me to a neuro doc............more bloody money.:mad:

ally b
13-03-10, 23:43
Hello all,

Im 23 years old and Ive had anxiety issues for abt 18 months now, off and on. For the last 5 or 6 weeks ive been struggling with standard anxiety attacks coupled with this awfully annoying head tingling/weird sensation...I even experience this when im not even particulary anxious..Its lead to me to be constantly dwelling on this sensation which is usually on the top left side of my head...Has anyone had this sort of sensation? Im worried, in my frightened state, that it might be MS or something sinister..Its lasted for a long time!
I get this to top left side ov my head,also think there as gotta be summet wrong cause at the time im not anxious either.Butt saying that my fear is brain tumour or blood clot,if something happens the same in other parts ov my body does not seem to worry me. Are you the same?????????