PDA

View Full Version : Really have had enough

anx mum
24-10-09, 18:59
So fed up been well over 3 months now and still getting these headaches doc has put me on new drug called pregabalin its for anxiety and pain been on them since tuesday. 2nite my back neck and head really ache:weep: just so sick of feeling like this

Veronica H
24-10-09, 20:05
Sorry you are still suffering. Have you tried yoga? as this is very good for tension in the neck.:bighug1:

Veronica

anx mum
24-10-09, 20:10
no never tried yoga du thk it could help

randomworry
24-10-09, 20:15
there is actually a book on amazon i saw called yoga for headaches or something..........think im going to give this a try too

Gazman
24-10-09, 20:16
u could always give it a go, see if yoga helps, the meds might take a couple of weeks to settle in ur system tho, give them another week or so and see how u feel.

Candiflare
24-10-09, 20:18
Dear Anx Mum, I had an undiagnosed medical problem for three years and it was very difficult to deal with, so I do understand. Doctors aren't very helpful sometimes when the answer isn't immediately obvious. You need to keep trying to find out what is wrong with you while staying sane at the same time. Try to distract yourself with things you enjoy and people you love and try to express your feelings on paper or on your computer by writing a story or a poem, or even a letter to whoever needs to read how you are feeling.

Take other people's advice like yoga, meditation, relaxation techniques. One of the best things I did before I got a diagnosis was to listen to hypnotism tapes focused on the part of the body I was having problems with - they took my mind off the pain and they DID actually hypnotize me! I would really recommend them, and if you search for a head/neck pain specific one, I really think it could help.

Candiflare

anx mum
24-10-09, 20:20
Thanku for your replies x

xBettyBoopx
24-10-09, 21:19
Hi Bev

So sorry that you're still suffering with these headaches and that the new meds aren't doing any good.

I know that bad headaches can be a menopausal sign (Can't remember if I said that before), my mum had them really bad! Are you at that age? Sorry if you're not:ohmy:

Els

Utility
24-10-09, 21:27
Hi

I can certainly recommend yoga. It's great for relaxation and the loosening of tense joints. Just a case with all of these things of taking it at your own pace.

anx mum
25-10-09, 11:37
Yeah alot of people have said yoga one thing ive never tried just so sick of feeling like this been over 3 months now. Got docs 2moz just feel like she fobbs me off all the time guess im looking for answers.

randomworry
25-10-09, 16:10
have you tried jogging bev - ive done it two days in a row now and it seems to help the headache

anx mum
25-10-09, 19:44
Hi hun no havent tried jogging hun had awful day again kinda getting sick of this now:weep: