PDA

View Full Version : Newbie alert

lwarnell
24-10-09, 22:17
Hi everyone
I'm so glad i found this forum, for ages i've felt like symptoms that i have can't possibly be down to anxiety, its a relief in a way to find other people with similar experiencs.

I was finally diagnosed around 3 weeks ago with anxiety and depression although to be honest i think i have suffered from it to some degree for much longer. Sorry if my list of symptoms is a bit long, I often have times when i feel i have to make myself breathe or i'll stop, this makes me really spaced out. I also have times when i feel just out of it and have strange sensations in my head that come like waves, i feel as they pass over that i will either faint/lose it or even die, its a horrible feeling. I also constantly feel like i am either going to get really angry or upset, stupid things like not being able to get a seat on a train makes me almost cry. Generally every day i either have a headache/stomach ache, feel nauseous (sometimes this can come on quite suddenly),I wake up more tired than when i went to bed and its a struggle just to get up. I also struggle to concentrate which worries me, i'll be doing something and completely forget what it is i'm doing

I have been on citaprolam for the last three weeks and am due to see my gp again on monday, i have had a few side effects to the tablets, mainly feeling really sick, dizzy a couple of days and just tired.

Anyway thanks for readingf and i hope i haven't bored anyone, its just nice to be able to explain stuff without feeling like people thinking you're a head case.

Thanx :)
Lianne

diane07
24-10-09, 22:19
Hi lwarnell

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Southern_Belle
25-10-09, 00:57
Hi Lianne,

Welcome to NMP. You will find many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

lwarnell
25-10-09, 10:54
Thanks for the welcome, i'm glad i found this forum as its already helping me by making me realise that there are so many other people out there in a similar situation and that hopefully we can all help each other out.

Thanx
Lianne

PanicOver!!
25-10-09, 11:27
Hi Lianne

You are definately not alone welcome to NMP
There is always someone here to talk to

best wishes x