PDA

View Full Version : Walking

Lucy36
05-11-05, 12:09
hello guys, as yous all probably know i suffer agoraphobia and panic outdoors most of the time and i only can usually go to the local shop and back quickly, well im so chuffed with myself, i went for a long walk this morning with my son and dogs and wow, i managed to walk right up this long road which is very busy with traffic, dual carriageway, which in usual i used to panic like anything and run for my life, its something to do with the busy traffic, but i done it this morning, so what im going to do now is keep to that same route and every second or third morning get even further, i do know there is a way round this agoraphobia and panic outside, and i will get there one day soon.

it was such a great feeling of NOPANIC or JELLY LEGS etc

Bye for now
Lucy xx [Wow!] [:o)]

trac67
05-11-05, 12:14
Lucy,

WELL DONE

Keep it going hun, onwards and upwards from now on.

Love
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Piglet
05-11-05, 12:26
Lucy that is so brilliant - well done!:)

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Trev
05-11-05, 13:29
That's fantastic Lucy.

The more you do, the more confidence you will get. You are on the road to recovery. :D

Cheers,
Trev

rhowes2000
05-11-05, 14:44
Now you know there is nothing to be afraid of, I hope you keep it up. No reason why you can't. Well done!

wobily_lin
07-11-05, 00:39
hi

THAT'S TERRIFIC.

i know how hard that is. you should be very proud of yourself. it's a gr8 feeling isn't it. hope it gave you a little confidence. take your time. well done.

lin x

carldourish
07-11-05, 13:42
Well done Lucy, you made the decision, to take back CONTROL.

All the best

Carl

cam
07-11-05, 13:57
hey...well done lucy[^]

Cameron...take care[^]x

"VOTE FOR PEDRO"

Lucy36
08-11-05, 11:09
hi guys, well this morning i went to the aromatherapy, but it landed up no one was there my aromatherapist was off sick, and i didnt get a phone call,[Oops!] anyway its been a good thing in a way, because::

Before i went to the centre i walked to the shops, then i went to the bus stop and i got on the bus for 10mins to go to the centre where it was, [Wow!] i done it guys again. i nearly freaked out on the bus, but i done my breathing, told myself im ok, nothings going to happen to me, got off the bus, crossed the busy busy road, went into the centre to get told thereapist was off sick[Ugh], then waited on bus to come back home again,

now in the past i would have panicked like hell, but [Wow!] it seems to be getting better no racing heart, no jelly legs, no dizziness, nothing, i would say just a feeling a bit nervous, but i did it, and im so proud of myself.

keep watching for the next post now, for college test on wednesday night,

take care guys
Lucy xxxxxxx

tygwyn
08-11-05, 12:05
Thats brilliant news Lucy!

Well done.

Onwards and upwards and your final reward will be recovery!

Rach xxxx

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

tammyg
08-11-05, 20:32
Well done Lucy, you are doing so well!! You definately should be proud of yourself.

Am looking forward to reading your next success story on Wednesday night... good luck!

Tammy x

pips
09-11-05, 15:33
Brillant Lucy :D:DWELL DONE YOU! Keep up the good work! Good look for test tonight!

Take care,;)

Love PIP'S X X X X

Meg
09-11-05, 22:58
Very well done Lucy

You are doing sooo well..

Congratulations

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Piglet
10-11-05, 10:45
Wow that's awesome Lucy - well done!!!

Love Piglet :)

desperate
10-11-05, 11:59
Thanks great Lucy!!!

Sarah

Karen
10-11-05, 16:42
Well done Lucy. You are doing great.

How did the college test go?

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Lucy36
25-11-05, 10:41
Hello again guys [8D]

well i would just like to post what i managed to do this morning, my sons school had a xmas fair going on, and he tried to persuade me to go, didnt feel like going [Sigh...], but i did my eft that carl from this site has been teaching me after my son left for school to try and change my thought system so i could go to the xmas fair, anyway i walked to the bus stop waiting nearly 20 minutes for bus as the weather is so bad here with snow [}:)], got on bus went to the school, treated myself to a few things and walked all the way back home, even thomas's head teacher was amazed to see me. :) i normally wouldnt be able to do that. the only symptoms i had was sweaty and bit nervous but no panic attacks, my i must be on the road to recovery,my sons eyes just lit up when he saw me in school, and it was a good feeling inside i had. i know i might have days that i will feel bad and anxious but i;ll cope with the bad days,

Thank you so much carl for helping me with this EFT treatment coz it seems to be working its amazing. All i have to conquer now is maybe getting on a bus and going to the busier shops, but that will come maybe next week i;ll give that a go. :D

Take Care all
Lucy xxx [xx(]

Piglet
25-11-05, 12:23
Lucy thanks for the pm mate:D

I've gotta tell you again how fantastic this is - well done:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You are well on the way now.

Carl have you done a post about the eft and have I missed it??

Love Piglet :)

Meg
25-11-05, 12:33
Therapist (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6283)

Meg

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.

Piglet
25-11-05, 12:35
Ta Meg hun :D

Sus
25-11-05, 12:50
Lucy, that is brilliant, well done. Bet you are still on a high. Sus, xx

Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.
Ralph Blum

3faces
25-11-05, 13:04
A huge WELL DONE to you Lucy!!! I know how difficult I find it going to these school things so I really understand. I've just started finding out about this EFT therapy...its connected to the acupuncture idea using points on your body.....I'm really going to give that a go. Keep us informed of how you're doing sweetie! Take care

Jem xxx

Lucy36
25-11-05, 13:07
www.freedom-therapy.co.uk

Good luck Jem with it,

Love Lucy xx

carldourish
25-11-05, 20:43
Way to go Lucy. I can't believe how much you have done, you go girl. I would have loved to have seen your son's eyes when he saw you! treasure that thought for all its worth.

Reading your first post 20 days old now, who would have thought that in only 40 minutes of EFT you have progressed this far. This EFT is still impressive after all these years that I have been doing it.

You could have tapped on the sweaty part, but ah, no-ones perfect.

I'm thinking of doing a workshop for anxiety attacks, I keep you all posted. In the meantime check www.freedom-therapy.co.uk

Carl

Lucy36
28-11-05, 13:15
Hi guys, well a few weeks ago, one of my goals was to walk to the stress management course, well i managed it this morning. [Yeah!] i had to cross a very busy dual carriageway, there was lights ofcourse but you have to walk down the middle of the road on a walkway, to cross the other side. well i got across the road myself, and bang felt massive panic ready to come, but i managed to control it before it got out of hand, i just took a big deep breath in and out a few times, but they symptom was horrible, thought my legs were going away from me, but they never and i know that at the end of the day my legs wont go away from me :(, as soon as i done few deep breaths and slowed my walking down a bit, (believe me usually i would just stand there but this was an open bit of space so i wouldnf looked bit daft [Duh!]), and i managed to keep going and get into the centre, i think with me positive thinking has a lot to play with this panic, i know im on the road to recovery, but its a slow slow progress as they do say, but 1 day at a time guys.

Well im off just now, and i;ll let you know when i can get out to busy shops, hopefully one day soon. [8)]

Take care all
Love lucy xxx

Meg
28-11-05, 13:39
** thought my legs were going away from me, but they never and i know that at the end of the day my legs wont go away from me , as soon as i done few deep breaths and slowed my walking down a bit, i managed to keep going and get into the centre**

Good for you Lucy for managing to cope so well and for continuing onwards. You're very right positive rationalization is so important.

Most people find their recovery lies in using a variety of techniques of which this is one .

Meg

carldourish
28-11-05, 13:49
Well you done it! All that appeared to happen was different aspects. Well you reached the other side of the road we talked about, thats fantastic. The other side, is just an aspect, for which you can tap for. But you know how to do that now?

Carl

Lucy36
28-11-05, 14:20
Yep carl, i will tap before i go next time, this morning i was running about like a blue eyed fly,lol, so really never had time to tap, but even at that i got across that busy dual carriageway, and that was one of my goals a few weeks ago, wow.

I;ll keep posted how im doing!!!

Take care all
Love lucy xx

Piglet
28-11-05, 14:26
Well done Lucy.

It made me smile the bit about feeling panicky in the middle of the dual carriage way crossing. I have a section of road just like this near me and have felt exactly as you did.

Glad I'm not alone lol!!

Keep going mate - it all seems to be coming along nicely:D

Love Pig xx