PDA

View Full Version : My breathing is getting worse!!

xBettyBoopx
24-10-09, 22:35
My breathing is getting worse and I'm sure I'm going to die from lack of oxygen. My lungs are all clogged up and can't do anything without being really short of breath.

So scared.

Els

Robbs
24-10-09, 23:16
try to chill out,relax and either concentrate on your breathing or try to forget your breathing (whatever works best for you) you cant die from axiety related over breathing/hypervetalating, if you breath in and out to much your body will naturally adjust before anything bad happens, and you only feel like you cant breath cos your making you lungs work harder than they need to and you feel like you need more air than you actually do, 7-8 breaths a minute is fine and is alot less oxygen than you think you need

why do you think your lungs are clogged up ? do you have a cold ? or asthma or anything ?

if you have a cold its normal for your lungs to feel clogged up and to feel short of breath, focusing on it is only making it feel 10 times worse than it actually is.

amandaj
25-10-09, 07:18
hi elspeth i know how you feel with the brathing it has always been my worst symptom, its so scary but it will pass honestly im terrible i think half the time i make myself worse cos i worry about it then its a hundred times worse to breathe you will be ok feel free to pm me anytime you need a chat

amanda xx

Jac 2009
29-10-09, 10:59
I'm glad that other people have the same problem as me. Well, I'm not glad, I'm sorry for you but you know what I mean! The trouble with panic attacks is that you think you're the only one. My worst problem is breathing. Despite having panic attacks for more years than I care to remember, I have managed to carry on working, sometimes I feel great and I can mostly control the panic.

The lastest, however, is I wake up in the middle of the night feeling fine. I then think, what if I can't breathe and that starts it off. I then hyperventilate really badly. It is really frightening and I don't know how to stop it. I can sometimes control my breathing but often not. I have done Buteyko breathing and I know what to do but as you know with panic, it's not rational and it takes over. Does anyone have any advice? I thought I give it a try to sleep in the spare room with lots of distractions for when I wake up. I've also made an appointment with a hynotherapist - does this work?

Jac x

looking4answers
26-11-09, 05:26
I felt exactly as you are talking about the other day in the dr's office and she told me.. oh you are breathing fine.. its anxiety. Since then I have had issue after issue with the same thing .. we live where there is 25 percent less air than at sea level and I feel this way a lot. My wife always tells me im breathing fine.. I know how you feel sweetie and hope you are doing better.. Michael