PDA

View Full Version : EFT emotional freedom technique

darkangel
05-11-05, 12:17
I just found out about this method of treatment last night. By boyfriend was taught it in hospital to help with bad thoughts. It is a tapping method whereby you tap various meridian points on the body and say an affirmation at the same time. I would be interested to know if anyone has heard of this and if they have found it to be of help. It is extremely helpful for panic, PTSD and flashbacks.

Trev
05-11-05, 13:27
I was shown this technique. It was taught to me after my panic attacks had ceased really so I've never used it since I was shown it.

Another one I was shown is to apply pressure with your right thumb into the centre of your left palm and hold it there for a while. It is meant to work on slowing the adrenal release.
I was told that public speakers (especially politicians) use this technique alot which is why you seee them with hands apparently clasped.

mazz
05-11-05, 13:37
wow thats interesting i might try that thanks mazzx

Tan The Man
05-11-05, 13:43
All the info you need on EFT can be found here:-

http://www.emofree.com/

You can also download a free 80 page manual on EFT there.

It is a brilliant technique. I have seen it being used. I have also bought the course (which in my opinion is very good value for money).

Take Care
Tan

carldourish
05-11-05, 16:14
Hi the main form of therapy that I use at my practice is EFT. I also use NLP & Hypnotherapy and counselling, but basically because EFT alters the emotion to an event I am using it more & more, I would say 93% of therapy I offer will use EFT.

Feel free to check www.freedom-therapy.co.uk & www.emofree.com

Carl

darkangel
05-11-05, 17:07
Thanks everyone for your replies. It does seem a remarkable technique and something we can all do. I know it has a definite positive effect on my bf. He uses it for PTSD and he heavily relies on it and he says it does take the edge of thoughts.

I have spent so much money trying various therapies to get some peace within my mind and body that i will definetly give this a try.

Take care everyone and once again, thank you

Darkangel x

carldourish
05-11-05, 17:27
Keep at it. However it is very important that when dealing with certain events that you don't (what we call switch) between events. This is very common when novice people just start this wonderful technique. I have used this technique on thousands of people all around the world. All you need to know is the basic tapping points, however I now use more advanced tapping point,so deal with people's issues quicker.

Carl

fusioneer
11-02-06, 14:20
I would just like to concur on this technique, it is truly amazing for those of you who don't believe all the energy stuff checkout http://www.whatthebleep.com/ this is science and sprituality converging!