PDA

View Full Version : Hi

leelizmaddy
25-10-09, 02:31
Hi,I have decided to look for help for my anxiety rather than just wait for it to go away!I am a 33 year old male and I have been badly suffering from anxiety for a few years now but it has worsened and now unbearable!!
My main problems are fears of dying and my health.But now this has now lead to uncontrollable fidgeting(constantly moving my hands and touching my face) and my heart racing which leads me to believe I am about to have a heart attack any moment!
I believe my fears are due to the occasional use of recreational drugs in the past or maybe binge drinking!For the last year all I have done is pop out for 5 or 6 pints on a friday night until 3 months ago I woke up on the satuday morning and could not stop pacing up and down all day!Since then I have cut out ciggarettes and caffine but cannot stop my heart racing and fear of dying!!
I also have a daughter of 2 and I think alot of the worry is that I wont be able to see her grow up!!Lots of friends have died young and I think this has made me believe that im going to be next!!
I have not approached the doctor for help yet as I have been to him so many times with imaginary ilnesses(Cancer mostly)and I think they look at me as the boy who cries wolf as I always get sent on my way with a "dont worry,youre fine".
I could go on and on about this but I dont want to bore you too much,I just want a few words of advice from anyone who feels the same as me!
Thanks for reading,Leigh :blush:

nomorepanic
25-10-09, 02:55
Hi leelizmaddy

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Southern_Belle
25-10-09, 06:05
Hi Leigh,

Welcome to NMP. You will find many here will understand how you have been feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

sarah jayne
25-10-09, 09:43
Hi, i totally understand what your going through. Im 28 and suffer from health anxiety. Ive been like this for over 2 years now. Like yourself my biggest fear is of dying and not seeing my children grow up, theres not a day goes by when i dont worry about it. Its ruined my life. Your not on your own, you'll meet lots of people who are going through the same as you on here. If you ever need a chat feel free to pm me.
Sarah x

leelizmaddy
29-10-09, 18:19
Thanks guys!I read a few words of advice on this site and wihin a week I totally different already!!I really didnt think this was going to end but after giving up caffine and going for long walks every evening I feel 99% there!
I hope this lasts!!!
This simple sacrifice has helped so much,so if you are still on the caffine,try laying off it as I think this was the main reason I was so jittery!!!
Thanks again guys x

Veronica H
29-10-09, 21:10
:welcome:Leigh. You will find comfort and support here.

Veronica