PDA

View Full Version : Constant twitch and tingling

Norwich
25-10-09, 08:03
These are two seperate issues, but probably related.

My legs have tingled constantly for over ten years, I've ben to a neuroloist twice and he can see nothing wrong so that's fine (obviously my main fear was a neurological condition) but my doctor says its anxiety. I can't quite believe that, I can understand it if I just got tingling when I was anxious but it is literally all the time, I don't often notice it now as its just the norm but it is always there. Has anyone else got this, and if so do you put it down to anxiety?

Secondly, I have also had a number of periods of muscle twitching in that time, all over my body, also I am told due to anxiety which I can accept. However for the last couple of months I've had an almost continual twitch in my right calf, like there are a couple of worms in the muscle, which seems to be always there in some form or another whether I'm resting or exercising or whatever. Has anyone else ever had anything like this due to anxiety?

I am starting to worry about it again (possibly making it worse) which I am loathe not to do as I have really sorted out my HA this year and am loving life again, so any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

lamentinglaura
25-10-09, 14:28
The body can do really strange things. I went through a period where I was experiencing a burning feeling over my chest and down both arms. It had me scared to death but it turned out to be nothing. If you've had this condition for many years and you were thoroughly checked out then I'd accept the fact that it's anxiety related and try to not let it worry me. If you feel you need further investigation then I'd do that for peace of mind.