PDA

View Full Version : Claustrophobe!

bigredadventure
25-01-04, 22:33
Hi folks! I`d like to tackle my claustrophobia before my daughter is old enough to pick up on it. Apart from shutting myself in enclosed spaces deliberately (which SO isn`t going to happen!), I don`t know what to do...[8)][:I]

Cheers!

emo
25-01-04, 23:56
hi,
have you read all the pages relating to your phobia?
you might find some good advice there.
if not someone here will be able to advise you im sure.
have a good look round the site,there are pages specifically for phobias.
take care love emma xx

red
26-01-04, 10:07
Hi Bigred!
Welcome to the site! I'm sure you find lots of help on this site - you will be really glad you joined! Have you looked on the www.nopanic.org.uk site too? This is a sister site of theirs and they have lots of information on offer in the form of booklets etc which may be useful to you. I found the written information there in the booklets and books really invaluable.

You have lots of support here, don't forget that - and keep in touch!

Take care

Red
x

twister
26-01-04, 13:34
If you are going to 'cure yourself' then you are going to have to start getting in those cupboards. I am doing CBT and am claustrophobic and you have to expose yourself to things gradually until you are comfortable. It can take a while but just do something you dont like for a minute or so and then build it up.

Emily

mico
28-01-04, 20:05
You sound like you really want to do it bigred, you've got a reason to do it so there is no reason why you shouldn't get there in the end.

Good luck

mico

nomorepanic
28-01-04, 21:10
Hi Bigred

Is it just enclosed spaces you are scared of or do you find the claustrophobia spreads to other siuations too. I.E. I am afraid of enclosed spaces but I also get claustrophobic when driving and when shopping.

Nicola