PDA

View Full Version : fear of vomit :-((((

Shadow_of_me
25-10-09, 10:14
hey all, I had a horrible night last night was all fine then all of a sudden i felt sick (or i thought i did) and i was off. had being doing so well recently, been going out a lil and had taken none of my anti emetics which i really dont want to live off, but sometimes the idea is very tempting!!! ..... People with this phobia are meant to be sick less then people that do not live with it soo why is it i cant seem to go one dam week without feeling so sick! just as i feel im coping n wanting to get my life back on track it hits me again for no reasin and im right back at square one!

I really dont no what to do anymore, im almost bored with feeling this way and it taking up every part of my life. Im 20 years old and want my normal life back. I have always had this phobia but it has got sooooo much worse this year after i got a stomach bug n puked for the first time in 6 yrs! Sorry for the rant but no one else really understands cos if they feel sick they just wanna b sick n make it go. I dont no even why i keep getting the feeling when they say nothing is wrong with me............?
HHHHHheeeelp? .........
Lucy :bighug1:

sweetypie
25-10-09, 18:34
hello hunni i can tottally understand where your coming from
i was like this but since taking my anti depressants iv been me again i dont fear sick as much today iv got some sorta bug iv been heaving and gipping all day and stayed so calme through it i took one antisickness pill today just so i could eat somthing
i didnt want to get so hooked on my anti depressants but since been on them they have really worked please speak to your doctor because they really have worked for me x

Shadow_of_me
26-10-09, 19:23
i am on antidepressants already... dolusipin 50mg a day.... what is working for u? x

sweetypie
26-10-09, 20:12
Fluoxetine / Prozac..... iv been on them 2 months i dont no what as actually worked ither its them or my cbt but im getting there i see a light i just want to tell every one what is suffering like i did and still am in some ways what help is out there.. becos i have had so much surport from health professinals
please try cbt thats really good it makes u realise that been sick is not so bad .... i do have my bad days for instance yesterday i was dry heaving and gipping i coped but once it got dark i was so scared if u need to no any thing please feel free to mail me hunni x x i no how ur feeling x x

maeanna
27-10-09, 22:03
Hey lucy I'm goin through the same too,just started gettin on the bus but then felt sick one nite a few wks ago and went back to square one and haven't left the house in 4 days! I gotta go out tomor but am panicking already! Defo try cbt and or hypnosis or NLP but find a therapist who has had a success rate with Emetophobics as I have struggled with therapy due to them havin no idea about emetophobia so do sum research and ask to contact their success stories! Hope ur ok and pm me if u wana talk x

Shadow_of_me
28-10-09, 10:42
hey thanks for replying :) i have tryed hypo n i must say it was no help what so ever! i am starting cbt run my the nhs next week so fingers crossed for that. Yea i dont leave the house either when i am having a bad spell its silly really cos i really want to im so bloody bored if these 4 walls but i jus wont let myself?? so any of u take any anti emetics? or anything on a daily basis to stop you being sick or feeling sick? u no just in case...........?