PDA

View Full Version : Weird vision problems

charlotte83
25-10-09, 11:56
Has anyone ever seen what looks like quick flashes of light? I had that a lot recently, and optician said it was the jelly inside the eye tugging which is normal as you get older because it turns more liquid and seperates or something. Your brain interprets the movement as light and so it looks like a flash. Its only bad if it happened loads and loads and you suddenly get about 50 new floaters from nowhere.

I've had other weird stuff tho like seeing a tiny light blue spot out of the corner of my eye. I forgot to mention that. Has anyone else had that? I thought something was there and I looked but realised it was my vision. It looked like a tiny spark of blue light :unsure:

Alisonj
25-10-09, 12:22
I have them all the time, it use to scare me majorly. I saw the eye doctor however and they said my eyes were healthy and it could be ocular migraines. Which strangely enough does not cause a headache just the visual disturbances. I have them daily,some days more than others. But if things worsen etc make sure you get it looked at as it can also be a detached retina, but chances are slim.