PDA

View Full Version : Leave job or stay?

phil06
25-10-09, 14:49
I've been in a bit of a dilemma for weeks over this. Not even sure where to post but don't think it's anxiety more a life choice. I hate my current job, it's stressing me out and I've had about 5 interviews in the past week and got none of them. I'm on my tenth month applying for work so struggled even before the recession.

I kind of want a clean slate. I actually thought I'd be in with a shout with one of those interviews as they all had more than 1 job going. One had about ten positions.

I have a drive for the money obviously. Like earlier in the year I cut my hours due to stress. Decided to stick at the job hoping it would lead to another. Now with my shifts being muddled from two days a week to anytime can be 4 nights and lumped overtime on me...plus I don't like the people I work with should I call it quits? I burned myself out by applying to 30+ jobs in a week some even 20+ miles away and STILL no joy. I'd even work in McDonald's now If I could just to get out as I feel trapped.

I feel I'm actually going insane. I could go another six months in this job and still not get another. :shrug:

Southern_Belle
01-11-09, 18:32
Hi Phil,

This is a situation where I don't think anyone can advise you on what to do. Perhaps you are so stressed from your current job that it is showing up in your interviews. Only you can make this big a decision and whoever it will affect. Over here jobs are so scarce no-one I know is quitting their job unless due to illness. Is there any way you could take a break from your job due to stress and still get paid? If it were me, I would continue working (unless I had tons of money saved up) and continue to look for another position just like you are doing.

Best wishes,

Laura