PDA

View Full Version : Angry about the way a disabled man was treated

sandy35
25-10-09, 15:05
Unfortunately I went to have lunch in my local supermarket cafe and the staff were complaining at him because they were saying he was leaving his scooter in the aisle when he had actually put it in a place where no one could knock into it. I was going to keep out of it until a member of the cafe staff said to another customer when the man was having difficulty moving the scooter "What is he doing now" in a sarcastic voice which to me was so unprofessional and none of them bothered to help him. This when I started sticking up for him and I said to the woman to give the guy a break as he has disability problems and think they should help him and not slag him off to another customer. I said that she needed to start treating disabled people with a bit more respect. She didn't even apologise to me or the disabled guy she was attacking and said that she never said a word to the other customer which she clearly did. I am going to complain about this but found their head office is not open till tomorrow and I bet she gets away with it but I am going to fight my corner as I am getting fed up with the way some people are being to people with visual or non visual disabilities. I am sorry to rant about this but i am as I said I am so fed up with other people treating people with mental health problems and disabilities and just getting away with it and I walked away feeling very frustrated and upset. I also checked their website and it says that their staff are trained to deal with disabled people but from not what I have seen and just think they are ignorant.

gypsywomen
25-10-09, 15:35
if i was you i would get on the phone to there head office this is disgraceful behaviour good for you

sandy35
25-10-09, 16:05
Thanks gypsy woman. Their head office was closed today being a sunday but I will be phoning tomorrow and if they do not listen to me or try to fob me off then I will have to put something in writing. Its just a pity that they don't seem to have an email address.

gypsywomen
25-10-09, 16:12
what was name i will look if you like and send if i find to you ,,but yes dont let them away with it poor man bet he was pleaed you were there:hugs:

sandy35
25-10-09, 16:44
Thanks for your help. The name is morrisons and I will post the link to their website http://www.morrisons.co.uk/

gypsywomen
25-10-09, 17:14
i clicked the link there are only phone nos so what i did was join the online shop ,then they sent me e mail so you could do that ,,ps willyou read my lastest post should be near top

bottleblond
25-10-09, 18:14
That is disgusting and i bet that poor man felt really emarrassed.
Well done you in complaining, i would do the same.
If you don't get a satisfactory result, you could tell them you are taking it to your local paper.

Good luck and would love to know the outcome
Lisa
xxx

sarah jayne
25-10-09, 18:21
well done for sticking up for him, i would of done the same !
Sarah x

sandy35
25-10-09, 19:14
Gypsy Woman - that is the pity with some of these websites that they expect you to join them in order to get any details from them but thanks anyway.
Bottleblond - yes I think he was embarrassed and what the hell must have he been thinking with those members of staff who were bullying him.
Sarah Jane - Thanks for your message as I think someone had to stand up for him in the end because it was clear that the other customers were not on his side.

gypsywomen
25-10-09, 19:39
:hugs::hugs::hugs:you see we might suffer with anxiety but we have good hearts maybe thats why as we feel for thers and feel deep

kazzie
25-10-09, 20:56
Good on Ya Sandy!!!!:yesyes:

Kaz x x x:hugs:

sandy35
25-10-09, 21:22
Thanks Kazzie! Found the email address and will be emailing them tomorrow now and will also send them a letter in the post to back it up!