PDA

View Full Version : Going into the City on my own

W.I.F.T.S.
05-11-05, 16:15
Hi,

My girlfriend is going to watch a concert tomorrow in Manchester and I said I'd take her, but that I didn't want to go. I used to live in London and did loads of things on my own, but since I've suffered from anxiety and panic attacks I've rarely been alone in the city. I've found three things that could be quite interesting:

FILM: Broken Flowers at the Cornerhouse
PLAY: The Royal Exchange, or
COMEDY: The Comedy Store

I'm basically just flapping a bit about feeling anxious and panicky on my own and I don't want to do something that might be depressing or something where my mind will wander to anxious thoughts. Just looking for a bit of encouragement, I suppose.

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

mazz
05-11-05, 17:01
hey i suffer like you do , i hate being alone in busy places . all i can say is try distraction , keep yourself busy and loads of deep breathing . iam sure u will be fine (whats the worst thing that can happen ? a panic ? so what) bring it on i say lol . i hope you have a lovely time which iam sure you will good luck mazz

trac67
05-11-05, 18:34
Hi,

Do the thing that you know that you will enjoy the most, the thing that will keep your mind occupied, as all the time we have something else to focus on we forget about the anxiety and panic.

As the saying goes JFDI

Stay focused and postitive you will be fine.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Rose
06-11-05, 16:08
Good Luck and try and think positive thoughts.

Rose x

<center>"People Make Mistakes, thats why cars have bumpers and pencils have rubbers!"</center>