PDA

View Full Version : This is hell

anx mum
25-10-09, 19:49
Most of u know i have been suffering with headaches for well over 3 months now had various tests which come bk normal really dont understand why im getting headaches constantly dont normally suffer with them. My HA has gone sky high feel so alone my doc is saying its muscular but find this so hard 2 believe its like they think im making it up. This is no life just want 2 b normal have 2 little boys feel like a faliure 2 them:weep:

gypsywomen
25-10-09, 19:55
:hugs:have you had eye test ,,as eye strain can cause bad heads ,,my mother had constant bad heads ,it all came down to her eyes after she got glasses was fine.don't worry i know its easy to say ,,but sometimes more we worry the worse it gets ,,,,,one thing does painkillers take it off

anx mum
25-10-09, 20:09
yeah got glasses short sighted but makes no difference thanks for ur reply

randomworry
25-10-09, 20:16
hi bev- dont tell yourself your a failure. when you go to doc tell him/her to speed up the neurologist appointment. the neurologist is the best person to get this sorted.

anx mum
25-10-09, 20:20
my gp is saying its muscular and my anxiety tho how r u?

randomworry
25-10-09, 21:24
my headache is more intermittant now i guess and aching less but still aches- i think because ive started exercising to raise the endorphins. However my neurologist appointment is this week- will let you know what happens.

Your GP is saying your headache is muscular- im sure it is but this does not mean it cant be managed better. A neurologist is qualified to help you with managing the headache so you should insist that you want a referral.

Also insist on getting CBT as you have to remember a headache is caused by multiple factors and stress management is important factor.

the things im doing to get better are

keeping hydrated
exercising everyday
not stressing
not taking painkillers
eating regularly
going to bed earlier
hot bath with lavender at night

all the best

anx mum
25-10-09, 21:44
Thank u random worry