PDA

View Full Version : why does it still persist?

colin
05-11-05, 18:46
I spoke to a Mental health practitioner the other day and she said I seemed to know my condition very well, more so than her because I am living in it. If I know it so well how then can it still sneak up and get me?

wobily_lin
05-11-05, 19:06
hi colin,

i no wot u mean hu. im new 2 this site. that's how it gets u.welcome and chin up.

lin x

carldourish
05-11-05, 20:06
It's simply, it doesn't need any signals to get back at you, wished it would wave a flag or something.

Welcome

Carl

clickaway
05-11-05, 22:43
I believe its our subconcious that triggers the anxiety and panics; but we live in our concious 'here and now'.

That's why it may surprise us.

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

carldourish
05-11-05, 22:51
totally agree Ray. The attacks can happen out of the blue. The unconscious as every memory attached too it. Every sight, smell, noise sense of touch, once one of these are triggered, bang of goes the attack. The beauty of the unconscious is that it can be accessed and altered.

Carl

Meg
09-11-05, 22:15
Knowing and recognising and accepting are all different.

I am well educated in many things but that doesn't mean I am accomplished in each or any of them.

I love music and singing but got chucked out in year 4 for playing the tringle too badly. Doesn't stop me knowing the theory ....

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?