PDA

View Full Version : Clarithomycin

countrygirl
26-10-09, 12:51
Or whoever its spelt!
I have been prescribed a high dose of this for an infected vaginal cyst and of course have just read the leaflet:scared15: talk about scare you witless.
I have taken quite a few antibiotics over the years - ammoxil gives me upset tummy and thrush- most of them give me upset bowels and runs but I am going away for rest of this week and am panicking about taking an antibiotic I'm not sure I have had before ( I have taken erythromycin which is same family).
I've got the what ifs - I get allergic reaction or terrible runs . I am travelling on motorways for three days staying at premier inns overnight but I need to take the antibiotics as Dr said my cyst is only slightly infected but it could suddenly turn into a galloping abcess and that would mean a hospital visit to have it lanced!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most people don't even know what antibiotic they are taking and even less do they worry about side effects arghhhhhhh

MOJO
26-10-09, 15:40
Hi! I can't take a lot of antibiotics. Erythromycin really makes me ill but I have taken the one you have been given and had no side effects whatsoever. Hopefully you will be the same.

countrygirl
26-10-09, 16:10
I was warned that this antibiotic can give you a nasty taste in your mouth and it was true - yuk horrible taste for about 3 hrs after you take it. Will wait and see if anything else materialises!