PDA

View Full Version : What supplements do you take?

Alice
06-11-05, 03:05
hey all

i thought it was about time that i start taking some vitamins lol, so im off to boots tomorrow to stock up, and was wondering if theres anything i should be trying for anxiety and insomnia?

I'm going to buy some kalms as they seem to be recommended, what about omega fish oils, should i be taking them?! God im clueless about this stuff! Ive tried valerian for insomnia but it didnt help and i dont want to keep taking prescription sleeping pills, has anyone tried melatonin and has it helped at all?

If any of you are taking supplements which are helping you, and would like to recommend them, id be very grateful, i need somewhere to start lol

Thanks
Alice

tygwyn
06-11-05, 09:08
Hi Alice

This is a topic I started recently - hopefully it'll help?

Heres the vitamins I take every day - how about? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5517)

Take care

Rach xxxx

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

Alice
06-11-05, 13:00
doh must have missed that thread! that helps thanks, gives me some idea of what i should be taking

Thanks!
Alice x

rhowes2000
06-11-05, 14:45
Hi Alice,

I'm sure it's mentioned int he other thread and you mentioned it yourself but get some fish oils. They have really helped me. I got mine from Holland & Barrett, 500 capsules were £15. Probably the best £15 I have ever spent!

vernon
07-11-05, 22:58
what fish oils did u get Rhowes? thanks Vernon

tygwyn
08-11-05, 13:07
Not sure which ones Rhowes gets Vernon but I get Omega 3+6+9 500mg from Holland & Barratt. Can't remember the cost though sorry.

HTH

Rach xxxx

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

JonParr
09-11-05, 17:40
As a side issue on the Omenga Oils 3-6-9 I saw some at my local pharmacy that are made from Vegetable oils...

I assume these are the same as the fish oil based ones? Does anyone know for sure...?
I picked them up to give them a go, as I think it was Meg that previously said that Omega 3-6-9 help with moods.

Only been taking them a few days so not expecting any results yet... then again, would I see the difference, probably best asking those around me LOL.

Jon

* Stop the world - I wanna get off *